Senior Trust Officer
Purpose of the Job
To manage the day-to-day administration of a varied portfolio of trust structures and to maintain a wide and detailed knowledge and understanding of trust administration generally, including money laundering, compliance, and relevant legislation.
- To take ownership and manage the day-to-day administration of a varied portfolio of trust structures and to maintain a wide and detailed knowledge and understanding of trust administration generally, including money laundering, compliance, and relevant legislation.
- Fulfilling the fiduciary duties of a trustee, which includes but is not limited to, attending to trustee resolutions, distributions, letter of wishes, accounts, periodic and compliance reviews.
- Maintaining the integrity and completeness of the client files and common folders.
- Administer and manage a growing portfolio of Trust relationships.
- Assisting with onboarding of new Trust structures, including due diligence checks.
- To ensure tasks are completed to the highest possible standards, within the agreed timescales and that the objectives of the Group are fulfilled.
- Delivering a responsive, high-quality and excellent service by staying close to the clients and connecting with them.
- Liaising with external parties such as bankers, lawyers, accountants, EAMs, etc.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders for Trust relationships that are serviced by multiple jurisdictions.
- Ensure billing and debt collection is carried out effectively and in a timely manner, including the diligent recording of time spent on client matters.
- Undertake other ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time.
- Any other such duties that would be reasonably required for this role.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
· We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
· We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
· We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- An enhanced level of technical knowledge to include more complex areas of trust & corporate products, investments, accounting and tax law, legislation and regulation. This includes Discretionary trust, Reserved Power Trust, Revocable/Irrevocable Trust, Private Trust Company (PTC), Employee Benefit Trust (EBT)/Employee Share Option Trust (ESOP) etc.
- Preferably a member of STEP or ISCA or working towards this qualification, with at least five years of relevant experience.
- Excellent organizational and client management skills, together with full knowledge of current company and trust legislation, and the local regulatory environment. This includes a high level of awareness of risk factors and compliance procedures.
- Professional manner with the ability to relate to persons at all levels, and to identify client's needs, responding to these quickly and effectively.
- Excellent people management skills include a high level of integrity, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Good time management skills, together with a thorough understanding of client files.
- A team player who collaborates with colleagues to form synergy to drive service excellence.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) in order to communicate and relate effectively with clients, colleagues, 3rd party service providers, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and/or legal documents.
- Good knowledge of Singapore's regulatory framework for the licensed Trust business.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Mandarin.