Assistant Manager - Investor Services
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
The successful candidate will report into the Investor Services Manager and the Head of Investor Services. The incumbent will work collaboratively and pro-actively within the Guernsey Investor Services team. The Company provides the full range of fund administration and accounting services to closed ended private equity and alternative asset fund structures and associated vehicles.
The description of key responsibilities and tasks below is for guidance only and is subject as the role develops.
- Be an integral part of the Investor Services Team coordinating client service, taking responsibility for assigned deadline management and the overall quality of deliverables to support Ocorian’s ever-growing and diversified international client base.
- Deliver high quality services to Ocorian’s clients for the full life cycle of operations, from take-on, to business-as-usual and on to termination.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organisation.
- Proactively support administrators in their day to day administrative tasks and aid with the more technical and complex administration queries.
- Develop a high level of understanding of clients’ organisations; actively manage clients’ expectations in line with the client service agreements.
- Take responsibility to ensure the service delivery & client relationship management is consistently met or exceeded. Ensure team continues to adopt a proactive rather than a reactive approach to initiatives & client needs.
- Manage client issues ensuring appropriate resolution, including regular liaison with clients, relationship managers and other operational managers to provide a seamless service.
- Maintain relations with third parties - to include Client, internal relations with other departments and Auditors.
- Assist with the day to day delivery of the operational and investor servicing function.
- Manage and complete client onboarding and transition as required.
- Assist with investor onboarding and AML/CDD reviews as required.
- Process and/or review Fund Sub-Closes on core systems.
- Prepare and/or review investor capital call and distribution calculations, including the review of investor notices.
- Prepare and/or review periodic bank account and cash reconciliations.
- Ensure appropriate handling of fund manager and investor calls and queries.
- Prepare and/or review all activity within stated Service Level Agreements.
- Ownership, management and development of strong and open client relationships.
- Ensure the team and departmental procedures are operationally sound with an emphasis on risk reduction and compliance.
- Become involved in and drive implementation of projects related to Investor Services as and when required. Support in the design and implementation of operation automation projects.
- Manage resources to ensure all queries and tasks are resolved in a timely manner.
- Work as an effective team member with other internal providers to meet our key deliverables.
- Mentor, coach and support team members through leadership, motivation and energy.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent e.g. professional qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working within the Fund Administration sector, with a focus on private equity and closed ended fund structures.
- Significant A-Z operational experience gained in the alternative investment servicing space with experience in the core Investor Services functions.
- A strong working knowledge of AML and FATCA/CRS regulations.
- Proven ability in on-boarding clients, funds and investors.
- Effective communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Flexible approach and attitude to work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A good understanding of Corporate Governance and risk mitigation.
- Microsoft Office skills with focus on Excel skills.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times