Associate Director - Capital Markets
Job Title: Associate Director - Capital Markets Client Services Lead
Department: Global Operations
Reporting to: Head of Operations/Operations Director or any designated person by management
Purpose of the Job
To lead and manage the Capital Markets Administration team in Mauritius and be the main contact vis-à-vis the internal and external stakeholders, including the senior leadership team in the Capital Markets Service Line of Ocorian. To assist the Head of Operations/Operations Director for the implementation of strategic initiatives and expanding Capital Markets administration capabilities in Mauritius, including recruitment of staff, onboarding of new capital markets processes/tasks from other jurisdictions, and putting in place the adequate governance framework to ensure delivery according to the highest standards.
- To lead the Mauritius Capital Markets Administration team with a view to delivering high performance, meeting clients/stakeholders’ requirements and ensuring full engagement and motivation within the team.
- To lead, coach and train the Capital Markets Administration team in Mauritius.
- To establish and maintain standard operating procedures which are aligned to global business standards, to deliver the best possible level of operational performance for the Mauritius Client Operations team
- Enhance and maintain outstanding engagement and relations with business stakeholders in Mauritius and jurisdictions being serviced, in pursuit of client focused service delivery.
- Develop and deploy key performance indicators to ensure the effective and pro-active measurement and delivery of client operational processes.
- Embed a culture of client focus, innovation and continuous improvement, underpinned by the highest levels of operational discipline.
- To initiate and act as project sponsor for transitioning work from other departments or other jurisdictions into the Mauritius Capital Markets Administration team.
- To prepare and provide regular progress updates, including detailed reports, dashboard and other tracking information as may be required by Senior Management.
- To ensure that the process and project deliverables are met by proactively highlighting and addressing any issues, challenges or constraints, and implementing the required corrective actions.
- To identify and implement initiatives for improving processes so that process and project deliverables are met within the set deadline or prior to the deadline.
- To ensure that the team is strictly adhering to the set processes, standards and guidelines, including time spent for particular tasks and quality of deliverables.
- To ensure that the team adheres to all local and Group policies and procedure.
- To undertake any ad hoc duties as may be required.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All our staff seeks to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviors we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient, and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalized solutions every time.
- A first degree in Management, Law, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent
- Fully qualified professional (ACCA or equivalent) or Masters Degree in Finance or related fields
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial services sector, with at least 5 years of experience in managing/leading a team
- Proven experience and expertise in Capital Markets products, including SPV/SPC administration, corporate trust and agency, including loan agency;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure, while maintaining close attention to details;
- Excellent communication skills and experienced in dealing with and managing internal and external stakeholders, including ability to deal with C-suite level within the organisation;
- Experience in client service delivery and process management and improvement;
- Have experience in working with ERP and DMS to maintain data completeness and integrity; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English and French.
- Leadership (self and others)
- Performance Management
- Work Transition Management
- Process management and improvement
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Management