Officer - Fund Services
Assist the Fund Services (Accounting) by delivering fund accounting services to clients to ensure that clients’ accounts are handled as per requirements and deadlines.
To conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Execute the Fund Accounting processes whilst ensuring an optimal level of efficiency at all times.
- Provide world-class services to Ocorian’s clients by adhering to set Fund Accounting processes in line with internal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the Senior Officer/Manager, Alternative Investments in the preparation of accounting schedules, files and financial statements.
- Perform bank and any other reconciliations.
- Prepare and review VAT, TDS returns and Tax Computations for clients.
- File financial statements, tax returns and other statutory returns within deadlines.
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables.
To assist the Senior Officer and/or Manager by providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to -Supporting the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Senior Officer.
Where time allows, other duties may include providing assistance to the Fund administration team on the following: -
- Collating and reviewing client due diligence documents/information and assisting with the assessment of client credibility
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships on matters relevant to you
- To assist with the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian
- To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change
- To undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Unit Head
To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the Unit Head where appropriate
- To maintain an awareness and understanding of applicable Regulatory requirements
- Carry out any function/activity required by the Management team or Directors from time to time
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- Educated to A level or equivalent;
- ICAEW or ACCA part qualified (at least first level completed) and/or a university degree in accounting or finance from a recognised institution
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in Fund accounting or Accounting/Auditing experience with exposure to Global Businesses.
- Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn NAV, Efront systems and Value Financials software
- Technical skills in the relevant area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues at all levels.
- Able to work using own initiative.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Team spirit.