Fund Accounting Supervisor
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
We are looking for a Fund Accounting Supervisor to join our growing team. Initially this will be a hands-on role and will primarily involve the preparation of NAVs and all that that entails. This role will also require supervision of the team as it expands and we would hope the successful candidate will be involved in recruitment and have input into the junior hires.
- Take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of clients;
- Set and manage the deadlines of the portfolio of clients in accordance with the agreed calendar defined by each relevant jurisdiction;
- Ensure overall quality of bookkeeping, NAV reporting, financial statements, management accounts and other financial reports are up to required standards at all times;
- Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and client service expectations;
- Prepare and/or review bank, investment and other reconciliations;
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables;
- Monitor and control your workload and that of the team;
- Act as accounting point of contact with key client personnel;
- Ensure that Ocorian policy and procedures are adhered to.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of current IFRS reporting and experience in accounting for a range of fund structures
- Private equity, debt or real estate experience would be desirable
- Strong analytical and IT skills
- Qualified or part qualified in an appropriate accounting qualification (e.g ACCA/ACA) would be desirable
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times