Purpose of the job
Provide support and assistance to the Directors, Managers and Administrators.
To accurately process accounting records and prepare complex financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s). To review the work of and coach the Accountant(s), Assistant Accountant(s) and/or Junior Accountant(s).
Conduct the following within prescribed deadlines:
- Take responsibility for an allocated portfolio of clients
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for more complex clients
- Review simple to complex client deliverables to assist the Assistant Manager / Manager when required
- Review bank, intercompany, investment and any other reconciliations of junior team members
- Review VAT returns for clients
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and, management accounts from the accounting records of the complex client entities
- Review the work of and provide guidance to the Accountant(s), Assistant Accountant(s) / Junior Accountant(s) whenever required
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables
- Assist the Assistant Manager / Manager and other members of management team, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to
- Support the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager/Manager
- Ensuring working papers and checklist for each deliverable is prepared & kept (in cases of reviewing work) to the required Ocorian standards and/or agreed upon procedures
- Assist with ad hoc accounting tasks or projects as and when requested
- Preparing budget for client deliverables
- Escalating of any client matter/issue/complaint to the Assistant Manager/Manager promptly
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on Ocorian, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of Ocorian, its employees and its clients.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
What We Offer
Working at Ocorian means entering a dynamic and growth-orientated company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
All our staff seek to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified or be suitably qualified by virtue of relevant experience
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to the Real Estate environment is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience of preparing client accounts
· Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage
· Experience with Navision and ValueFinancials is desirable
· Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook
· Strong technical skills in accounting field
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Solid organisational skills (able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate)
· Ability to work methodically and accurately
· Can lead and coach small team
· Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic
· Ambitious to learn and be challenged
· Detailed oriented
· Committed to quality and delivering on time