Administrator - Fund Services
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers
To provide support and assistance to a team of fund administrators in the provision of professional fund administration services to a variety of entities for which Ocorian Services Limited provides service and at all times comply with the Policies and Procedures of Ocorian.
- To provide assistance to the fund administrators in the administration of funds and other entities.
- To become familiar with the terms of all relevant Instruments and Agreements relating to the entities under the administration of Ocorian.
- When required, to ensure the tax status of the entities are observed with the timely completion of tax returns and the payment of any notified tax liability.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor where the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities.
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff.
- When required, to prepare minutes and other meeting documents.
- To take responsibility, under supervision, for being the immediate point of contact on allocated cases.
- To assist with the overseeing of the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian, where appropriate, through effective liaison with the Client Accounting Solutions team.
- To assist with the billing process, reviewing billing proformas/draft invoices where appropriate, at established frequencies and to discuss these with the Manager/Director prior to processing
- Ensure that database records and statutory records are maintained and updated.
- To monitor the aged debt position of matters under administration and to liaise with the Accounts Department and Directors to ensure that a tight control is maintained over the value and length of aged debts.
- When required, to undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Director.
- To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the relevant manager and colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- To escalate any issues/risks arising promptly to the Manager/Directors where appropriate
- To ensure a basic awareness and understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- To carry out any function/activity reasonably required by the Manager, Management Team or Directors from time to time.
- 1-2 years experience in fund administration, ideally private equity, with a focus on company/board administration
- Educated to A level or degree standard.
- The post holder should be willing to work towards a professional qualification.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good communication skills (written and spoken English).
- Good interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- A solution drive attitude to problems.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodologically and accurately.
- Team spirit.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times