Supporting your philanthropic endeavours
When setting out to create a successful philanthropic outcome, a desire to help or "give back" to a community is rarely enough.
Rather, families and their advisers should fully engage and form an in-depth understanding of the context and specifics of the projects they have chosen. They should then run the project with the same rigour that they would apply as if it were a family business, and be prepared to make difficult decisions if the project starts to drift away from its original mission.
With a host of real-life experience, Ocorian can help you to overcome these challenges and get the most from your philanthropic endeavours.
What we do
Ocorian has first-hand experience in achieving successful and rewarding philanthropy for its clients.
From occasional targeted distributions from wider structures to bespoke and focused philanthropic missions, we have extensive experience across a range of causes and approaches to philanthropy. We understand social investment and cross-border giving, and know how to ensure you as the benefactor get the most from your gifts – including tax relief.
We support philanthropic endeavours through:
- Establishing and administering the philanthropic structure
- Liaising with co-founders and donors to achieve a consistent mission and message, and ensuring the work of the charity is well supported
- Liaising with external advisers and auditors
- Conducting interviews for senior appointments to the charity's management team
- Monitoring the charity's financial position and assessing long-term financial performance and sustainability
- Attaining value for money assessments and 'payback' calculations
- Attending charity trustee meetings
- Communicating with regulators where required
We’ve won the following awards:
- Family Office Award - Citywealth 2018 and 2019
- Best Specialist Fund Service Solution - Investment Week Fund Services Awards 2017
- Risk and Compliance Award - ICSA Jersey 2017
- Trust Company of the Year - STEP Private Client Award 2016
- Trust Company of the Year - Citywealth Magic Circle Awards 2016
- Best Family Office - Wealth Advisor Awards 2014