Senior Fund Accountant
Following a merger with Estera in early 2020, Ocorian are one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the Job
This is a senior position requiring an ACA or ACCA qualified person with excellent technical knowledge and understanding of current accounting standards, particularly IFRS and UK GAAP. The role will involve working on funds with investments in the growing Renewable Energy Sector. The investments include Windfarms, Solar Farms and Biomass Power Plants.
- Responsible for the planning and preparation of financial reports for a portfolio of Renewable Energy funds, ensuring reporting deadlines are met and the delivery of client accounting requirements are in compliance with the Company’s contractual obligations.
- Develop an understanding of all entities within the fund structure, the nature of their transactions and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that current accounting standards (UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP) and best practice principles are applied to the accounts production process and kept current as such standards and principles develop.
- Establish and set up reporting for new funds based on fund documents and client reporting requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to administration team to ensure that the bookkeeping and accounting arising from transactions are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Calculate Net Asset Values in accordance with individual funds’ requirements.
- Liaise with clients and other professional advisers to agree timetables for the production of accounts.
- Attend board meetings and other client meetings to present accounts and discuss accounting related matters.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the timely completion of audits for fund and fund related entities.
- Ensure that regulatory and statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure that continuing obligations of stock exchange listed entities are met in so far as they relate to the financial accounting responsibilities.
- Contribute to the training, development and performance appraisal of the accounts team by maintaining quality control measures and seeking to constantly improve departmental and individual performance.
- Ensure the Company’s policies and procedures are used and adhered to within the accounts team and to be part of the continuing development of those policies and procedures.
- Assist, where applicable, in the production of proposals for new business opportunities and in compiling the fee quotations for such opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Solid and pragmatic accounting skills and technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent presentational, written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including managing expectations which will include determining that which is important versus that which is urgent
- Advanced Excel skills and strong IT skills
- The ability, desire and clarity of thought to further define and develop the scope of the role
- Professionalism and ability to win the respect of clients
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
All staff are expected to embody our three core values. These values underpin everything that we do and reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful.
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.