Senior Fund Accountant
Responsible for the planning and preparation of financial reports for a portfolio of funds, ensuring reporting deadlines are met and the delivery of client accounting requirements are in compliance with Ocorian's contractual obligations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a point of contact for a limited number of fund structures within a team, assisting with the setting up and maintaining of business relationships while working together with all internal stakeholders teams to assist with the coordination of tasks with experience in reviewing processes, assessing risks and defining controls
- Assist the team Managers to develop and maintain an end-to-end process to ensure the timely delivery of client accounting requirements in relation to financial reports and accounts for all entities in allocated portfolio including the production of annual audited accounts; interim unaudited accounts; quarterly unaudited net asset valuations and capital statements for a growing portfolio of co-investment vehicles and other client related entities.
- Ensure that current accounting standards (UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP) and best practice principles are applied to the accounts production process and kept current as such standards and principles develop.
- Establish reporting procedures for new funds and other entities based on fund documents and client reporting requirements
- Provide guidance and support to administration team to ensure that the bookkeeping and accounting arising from transactions are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee the bookkeeping of more complex client structures as required and provide additional bookkeeping and administrative assistance to other members of the Fund Accounting team as may from time to time be requested
- Calculate Net Asset Values in accordance with individual funds’ requirements.
- Managing competing priorities and establishing clear expectations for stakeholders in relation to client interaction
- Build strong relationships and identify client needs and ensure escalation points are properly managed
- Liaise with clients and other professional advisers to agree timetables for the production of accounts.
- Attend board meetings and other client meetings to present accounts and discuss accounting related matters.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the timely completion of audits for fund and fund related entities.
- Ensure that regulatory and statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure that continuing obligations of stock exchange listed entities are met in so far as they relate to the financial accounting responsibilities.
- Contribute to the training, development and performance appraisal of the accounts team by maintaining quality control measures and seeking to constantly improve departmental and individual performance.
- Assist and support the team Managers by taking on supervisor and review roles in respect of junior staff
- Ensure the Company’s policies and procedures are used and adhered to within the accounts team and to be part of the continuing development of those policies and procedures.
- Assist, where applicable, in the production of proposals for new business opportunities and in compiling the fee quotations for such opportunities.
- Any other such duties that may be reasonably required.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our three core values. These values underpin everything that we do and reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful.
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- Solid and pragmatic accounting skills and technical accounting knowledge
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in financial services experience in the field of Fund Accounting.
- Relevant professional qualification (eg ACCA / ACA / CPA)
- Excellent presentational, written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including managing expectations which will include determining that which is important versus that which is urgent
- Advanced Excel skills and strong IT skills
- Experience of the efront system would be a plus
- Professionalism and ability to win the respect of clients
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- The drive to make continuous improvements
- Flexibility to adapt as the role or the company develops