Ocorian is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
JOB TITLE: Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Client Accounting Solutions
REPORTING TO: Manager or any other designated person
Purpose of the Job
To accurately process accounting records and prepare semi-complex financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s). To review the work of and provide guidance to the Juniors.
To conduct the following within prescribed deadlines :
– Review bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for semi-complex and complex clients;
– Perform bank, investment and any other reconciliations;
– Review and prepare VAT returns for clients;
– Provide accounting support and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time;
– Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and, management accounts from the accounting records of the semi-complex and complex client entities;
– Review the work of and provide guidance to the Junior Accountant(s) and Assistant Accountant(s) whenever required;
– Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables;
– Assist the Assistant Manager, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to;
– Support the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager;
– Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group.
– ACCA/ACA fully qualified and/or be experienced by virtue of relevant experience
– Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to the Private Client/Real Estate environment is desirable
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in preparing client accounts
– Basic knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage
– Experience with Navision and efront is desirable
– Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook
– Strong technical skills in accounting field
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
– Solid organisational skills (able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate)
– Ability to work methodically and accurately
– Excellent team player
– Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic
– Ambitious to learn and be challenged
– Detailed oriented
– Committed to quality and delivering on time
– Effective problem solver
What We Offer
Working at Ocorian means entering a dynamic and growth-orientated company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
All our staff seek to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.