To accurately process accounting records and prepare financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s). To review the work of and provide guidance to the Juniors.
To conduct the following within prescribed deadlines :
- Prepare and post final bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for semi-complex clients;
- Perform bank, investment and any other reconciliations;
- Prepare and review VAT returns for clients;
- Provide accounting support to Client Accounting staff and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time;
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and, management accounts from the accounting records.
- Review the work of and provide guidance to the Junior Accountant(s) and Assistant Accountant(s) whenever required;
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables;
- Assist the Assistant Manager/Manager, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to;
- Support the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the Assistant Manager/Manager;
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All our staff seek to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified and/or be experienced by virtue of relevant experience
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to the Private Client/Real Estate environment is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in preparing client accounts
- Knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage
- Experience with Navision, Efront and Value financials is desirable
- Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong technical skills in accounting field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid organisational skills (able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate)
- Ability to work methodically and accurately
- Excellent team player
- Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ambitious to learn and be challenged
- Detailed oriented
- Committed to quality and delivering on time
- Effective problem solver