Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
To accurately process accounting records and prepare semi-complex financial statements and management accounts in accordance with the designated accounting framework(s). To review the work of and provide guidance to the Juniors.
To conduct the following within prescribed deadlines :
- Review bookkeeping entries required for producing financial statements and management accounts for semi-complex clients;
- Perform bank, investment and any other reconciliations;
- Review VAT returns for clients;
- Provide accounting support and assist with ad-hoc projects as may be required from time to time;
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and, management accounts from the accounting records of the semi-complex client entities;
- Review the work of and provide guidance to the Junior Accountant(s) and Assistant Accountant(s) whenever required;
- Liaise with the appointed Auditors to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables;
- Assist the reporting line, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to;
- Support the on-going development of the team through involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members with supervision and guidance from the reporting line;
- Provide accounting service to clients in various jurisdictions within the Ocorian Group.
- ACCA/ACA fully qualified and/or be experienced by virtue of relevant experience
- Finance Industry and or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to the Private Client environment is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in preparing client accounts
- Basic knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks is an advantage
- Experience with Navision is desirable
- Well versed in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong technical skills in accounting field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid organisational skills (able to work using own initiative, control own work load and prioritise matters as appropriate)
- Ability to work methodically and accurately
- Excellent team player
- Flexible, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ambitious to learn and be challenged
- Detailed oriented
- Committed to quality and delivering on time
- Effective problem solver
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times