Responsible for the planning and preparation of financial reports for a portfolio of funds, ensuring reporting deadlines are met and the delivery of client accounting requirements are in compliance with Ocorian’s contractual obligations
- Develop an understanding of all entities within the fund structure, the nature of their transactions and reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain a process to ensure the timely delivery of client accounting requirements in relation to financial reports and accounts for all entities in allocated portfolio including the production of annual audited accounts; interim accounts; quarterly net asset values and capital statements.
- Ensure that current accounting standards (UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP) and best practice principles are applied to the accounts production process and kept current as such standards and principles develop.
- Establish reporting procedures for new funds and other entities based on fund documents and client reporting requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to administration team to ensure that the bookkeeping arising from transactions is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaise with clients and other professional advisers to agree timetables for the production of accounts and reporting
- Attend board meetings and other client meetings to present accounts and discuss accounting related matters.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the timely completion of audits for fund and fund related entities.
- Ensure that regulatory and statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure Ocorian’s policies and procedures are used and adhered to within the accounts team and contribute to the continuing development of those policies and procedures.
- Attendance at client meetings in place of or as well as the Senior Manager, to advise the client on administrative matters and to ensure that any requests from the board are adequately adhered to
- Any other such duties that might be reasonably required for this role.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All our staff seek to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- Solid and pragmatic accounting skills and technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent presentational, written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including managing expectations which will include determining that which is important versus that which is urgent
- Advanced Excel skills and strong IT skills
- Professionalism and ability to win the respect of clients
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- The drive to make continuous improvements
- Flexibility to adapt as the role develops