International Maritime Structures
We have extensive experience in buying and selling all types of vessel and most importantly, administering international maritime structures. We are able to provide guidance with regard to structuring, on the basis that professional advice is obtained to ensure that the structure stands up both from a legal and commercial point of view.
We provide all aspects of corporate management for maritime structures and actively administer a variety of different situations to suit clients' needs. We engage commercial and technical agents to undertake the day to day operational management of the vessels under the Company's administration.
We have strong working relationships with many of the major international law firms involved in shipping, particularly in London. We also work with many of the major shipping jurisdictions including the Marshall Islands, Liberia, BVI, the Bahamas, as well as Jersey.
When dealing with maritime services, our experience is that each situation requires bespoke structuring and consequently pricing. It is therefore not possible to provide a standard fee scale/quote. When we know the structuring to be used and what our role will entail, together with the nature and value of the vessel(s), we can provide a specific fee quotation.
What are the benefits of holding vessels through offshore structures?
There are a number of benefits available including but not limited to:
- Ability to ring fence the costs and risks associated with catastrophic environmental issues
- Hold the vessel off your balance sheet through a stand-alone structure, should regulations not allow the client to hold vessels directly
- Improve confidentiality
- Provides a means for clients to separate different areas of their maritime business
- Warehouse distressed vessel/s until they can be sold
- Provide an independent structure for investment in maritime, by way of a joint venture arrangement, syndicate, or through a managed fund
- Use a jurisdiction that is favourable from a double tax treaty point of view
- Hold the vessels in a structure for succession and inheritance reasons
- Benefit from flexible or advantageous employment regulations
Our corporate service offering includes:
- Assistance with the establishment of SPVs
- Corporate administration
- Transactional administration
- Director services
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Cash management
- Compliance services
- FATCA and CRS services
Our clients include:
We act for a diverse range of clients who use offshore arrangements as part of their international financing structures. These include:
- Private and commercial ship owners
- Joint ventures
- Fund managers
We have considerable experience in the corporate management of a number of different types of vessels including:
- Dry Bulk Carriers
- Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessels
- Container Ships
- Ro-Ro Car Carriers
- Offshore Wind Farm Support Vessels
- Floating Production Storage & Offloading Vessels
- Offshore Accommodation Rigs
- Pleasure & Super Yachts
- Tender Drilling Barges
- Chemical Tankers (product/chemical)
- Deep Water & Ultra Deep Water Drill Ships
- Deep Sea Pipe Hauling & Laying Vessels
To learn more about our international maritime service offering contact us today.