Protect your trust
Protectors provide an additional layer of oversight to the activities of trustees and the administration of trusts. An enforcer is required for certain purpose trusts.
But regulation has made the appointment of protector a more complex issue and the usual sources may be nervous to take on the role.
Many are opting to go from a non-professional individual personal protector to delivering protector services through a dedicated corporate protector. The corporate protector can offer:
- Experience of the proper conduct of trustees within both regulated and unregulated regimes
- Insight to potential pitfalls
- Greater availability and consistency of service delivery
- Added independent scrutiny around decision-making where required
- Access to a dedicated professional lead director with support from an experienced team
- Reduced exposure to incapacity and delays around replacing individual protectors
- Less reliance on a single key man, reducing risk
- Application of professional standards including but not limited to correspondence and maintenance of records
- Location of the protectors outside the beneficiaries' home jurisdiction.
What we do
Ocorian has incorporated a dedicated company whose sole focus is the provision of protector and enforcer services. We can:
- Contribute to discussions around the creation of the protector or enforcer role within new trust structures
- Attend to requests for consent to the exercise of powers by trustees
- Attend meetings with beneficiaries, trustees and advisers
- Contribute to discussions regarding the strategic management of trust structures
Our independent status means we offer a service that is objective, yet personal. We work closely with settlors, beneficiaries and trustees on an interactive and responsive basis.
Our team are well-versed in a wide range of protectorship arrangements and common pitfalls. For nearly 50 years our business has been dealing with disputes involving protectors and trustees and we understand trust business regulations and professional trustee services.
We’ve won the following awards:
- Family Office Award - Citywealth 2018 and 2019
- Tier 1 Trust Company 2019 - Eprivateclient
- Best Specialist Fund Service Solution - Investment Week Fund Services Awards 2017
- Risk and Compliance Award - ICSA Jersey 2017
- Trust Company of the Year - STEP Private Client Award 2016
- Trust Company of the Year - Citywealth Magic Circle Awards 2016
- Best Family Office - Wealth Advisor Awards 2014