What is a foundation?
A foundation is an incorporated body that is able to transact, and to sue and be sued, in its own name. It acts through its council, which is the body charged to administer the foundation's assets and carry out its objects.
Foundations can also bring a significant degree of flexibility to wealth structuring - be it for succession and estate planning, as philanthropic entities, or for more specific purposes.
A foundation is seen as a viable alternative to the traditional trust structure for many high net worth individuals and families wishing to protect their wealth.
What we do
Our award-winning team can offer all a full range of establishment and administration services. We set-up and service offshore foundations, Jersey foundations and private trust companies (PTCs), all of which can facilitate tax planning, asset protection and succession planning. Depending on your needs, we can also serve on the Foundation Council and, for certain structures, can provide a guardian.
With nearly 50 years' experience in private wealth planning, we work with you to create a bespoke solution to meet your specific structuring needs.
Our dedicated and discreet team can help you by:
- Establishing the foundation
- Providing a business address
- Providing council members
- Maintaining statutory records and executing statutory obligations
- Handling accounting and financial reporting
- Providing cash management, compliance services, and FATCA and CRS services
Our private client team have won the following awards:
- Family Office Award - Citywealth 2018 and 2019
- Best Specialist Fund Service Solution - Investment Week Fund Services Awards 2017
- Risk and Compliance Award - ICSA Jersey 2017
- Trust Company of the Year - STEP Private Client Award 2016
- Trust Company of the Year - Citywealth Magic Circle Awards 2016