Safeguarding your assets
For a long time, limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships looking to invest alongside others and still preserve their own tax status have chosen a collective investment scheme (CIS).
However, rules governing these schemes in the UK tightened with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, which says a CIS must be managed as a whole by or on behalf of an operator of the scheme.
An FCA operator is responsible for the overall running of a fund. It is appointed to ensure the entity is managed in way which safeguards investor assets.
What we do
Ocorian’s UK team is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to act as an operator for CIS.
Our flexible approach allows the operator role to be tailored to the specific requirement of the fund manager. We offer the full suite of operator and administration services required in accordance with the regulations.
Some fund managers will want to retain the day-to-day administration of the fund, though, and we can facilitate this as well. We have the governance and regulatory frameworks in place to allow appropriate and effective outsourcing of such activities while maintaining oversight as the FCA operator.
We’ve won the following awards:
- Best Fund Services Provider - Investment Week Fund Services Awards 2018
- Best Specialist Fund Service Solution - Investment Week Fund Services Awards 2017
- Best Local Fund Administrator - Private Equity Africa Annual GP and Advisor Awards 2017
- International Fund Services of the Year - Channel Islands Global Fund Awards 2015
We are a member of:
- Invest Europe
- British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA)
- The Association of Real Estate Funds (AREF)
- The Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI)