Trainee Trust Officer
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the job
- To Assist the directors, managers and trust officers, in administering a portfolio of clients (to cover all governance, payments, correspondence, banking, keeping the structure in good standing)
Trainee Trust Officer responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that client invoices are produced and sent to the client in a timely manner
- Ensuring that the status of the invoice is tracked
- Ensuring that debtors are controlled and debts collected
- Drafting of minutes and resolutions
- Ad-hoc tasks or projects as required including assisting on other clients in line with the above tasks
- At least 1-2 years experience in company and trust administration
- Studying towards STEP/ICSA or equivalent
- Proficiencies in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of corporate administration would be an advantage
- The ability to use initiative and work independently
- Enthusiasm, reliability and flexibility
- Willingness to get involved and work as part of the team
- The ability to remain calm when under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- The ability to time manage effectively and to prioritise and organise workflow
- Strong communication skills – confidence in engaging with staff at all levels.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times