Trainee - Accounting
Ocorian is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
To be responsible for the accounting and day-to-day administration of a portfolio of Luxembourg companies under the supervision of a Senior accounting officer and/or a Manager:
- Managing day to day accounting entries for a dedicated clients portfolio
- Preparing financial statements and periodical reporting's under Lux GAAP’s
- Preparing tax and VAT returns
- Maintaining contact with banks, Luxembourg authorities, and external providers
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assisting with the setting up and administration of holding companies
- Assisting with the organization of board meetings and shareholders meetings
- Preparing basic legal documents (minutes of the annual shareholders meetings and board meetings)
- Following-up the day-to-day recurrent operations and client requests
- Student in the field of Accounting & Finance / economics
- Good MS office skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong IT skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Able to work independently and capable to prioritise tasks as appropriate
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
- Good organisational skills, attention to details and ability to work methodically and accurately
- Team spirit
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients.
- We are AGILE - We act on our initiative to get things done.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We achieve more working together.
- We are ETHICAL - We behave with integrity at all times.