Job Title: Technical Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reporting To: Head of Infrastructure
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, the Technical Analyst will be part of the team responsible for the global IT infrastructure, including data centres and all regional offices.
The role includes the provision of IT services covering Servers, Networks, Security, Citrix Desktops, InTune, Email, SQL Databases, Storage, Virtual Infrastructure, Telephony & the maintenance thereof.
- Responsible for providing 3rd Line user support.
- Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure while working closely with 1st and 2nd line support staff on the service desk to disseminate skills and expedite resolution.
- Carrying out daily operational tasks and updating daily operations log.
- Carrying out user support on a variety of Ocorian systems and applications.
- This role also involves offering advice and guidance to Ocorian staff across the globe as well as liaising with 3rd parties in the resolution of problems and issues.
- Ensuring service desk calls are responded to and assigned appropriately.
- Applying security patches to servers.
- Take part in Ocorian on-call rota
- Carry out project work which may include travel to other Ocorian offices.
- Understand and participate in business acquisition tasks involving office integration, data migration and application consolidation.
- Play a key role in the management and maintenance of Ocorian’s global IT environment.
- Work in a risk adverse manner and in accordance with Ocorian security policies.
- Monitoring of Ocorian systems.
- Maintain Ocorian’s backup infrastructure and carry out backup and restores when needed.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our three core values. These values underpin everything that we do and reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful.
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- Previous experience in 2nd or 3rd line user support.
- The role requires in depth practical knowledge of a wide range of Infrastructure & Back Office products.
- VMware ESX Server / vSphere / vCentre
- Microsoft Server 2019
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 on premise and Azure O365
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Desktop, Server and Office applications.
- Active Directory (including Azure Active Directory)
- Microsoft cloud based services including InTune.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Knowledge of SAN attached storage (HPE, PURE, Dell) and fibre channel SANs
- Rubrik/Veeam Backup Solutions
- A good understanding of networking protocols and Cisco networking products.