Strategic Sales Director - UK/Europe
Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
We have five core service lines: Global Funds, Capital Markets, Corporate Services, Private Client and Regulatory & Compliance.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations; this scale offers all our people significant opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the job
The Strategic Sales Director is a senior sales role responsible for identifying and cultivating opportunities from cross selling Ocorian’s five service lines into our asset manager and corporate client base. This cohort includes European Asset and Investment Managers across a range of asset classes as well as mid sized and large blue-chip public and privately owned corporates.
The role is part of a significant investment Ocorian is making to develop a specialised cross sell function in 2023. This team works horizontally across all current client groups and service lines to broaden and deepen senior relationships within our client base to enable strategic cross and upsell.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with well-established, sophisticated sales and relationship management skills transferable to selling across our client base. They will align closely with Ocorian’s service line teams and the broader sales team to deliver significant incremental cross sell revenue.
- Work with Ocorian’s client teams and subject matter experts to understand the commercial relationships across a portfolio of the group’s key accounts
- Ensure that account plans for identified portfolio clients are in place, accurate and up to date including wallet share, contacts, next actions etc
- Identify and cultivate cross sell opportunities across Ocorian’s five service lines into a large portfolio of current clients
- Develop and implement up- and cross-sell initiatives across Ocorian’s key accounts in accordance with the group’s commercial strategy
BD targets and pipeline management
- Achieve and exceed personal BD targets
- Maintain BD pipeline information, call reports, proposal templates, service / fee proposals and related financial analysis
- Ensure that the Salesforce CRM system is updated with all contact and activity data
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
- At least eight years’ proven BD experience in professional services in UK/European markets
- Proven experience developing relationships at Managing Directors/senior management levels
- An understanding of the onshore and offshore administration market and services is preferred
- Highly computer literate (with knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Experience of working with CRM systems, ideally Salesforce
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All staff are expected to embody our three core values. These values underpin everything that we do and reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful.
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.