Senior Technical Analyst - End-User Computing
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, the Senior Technical Analyst will be part of the team responsible for the global IT infrastructure, including data centres and all regional offices.
The senior role includes the provision of IT services covering Servers, Networks, Security, Citrix Desktops, InTune, Email, SQL Databases, Storage, Virtual Infrastructure. The role holder will be a subject matter expert on desktop deployments and application packaging/scripting and will be experienced in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop and physical desktop deployment tools such as Microsoft SCCM and InTune.
- Citrix Desktop and Intune infrastructure design, setup and maintenance
- Intune device management and maintenance
- Application packaging
- Scripted installs for Citrix gold image creation and updates
- Keeping comprehensive change logs for gold images and software updates
- 3rd line support for Intune and Citrix desktops and applications. Troubleshooting desktop, application and performance related issues.
- Use monitoring tools to identify potential issues before they become user affecting.
- Maintain a consistent user experience across Intune and Citrix published desktops
- Deployment of server and desktop security updates
- Take part in Ocorian on-call rota
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior infrastructure staff as well as providing guidance to 1st and 2nd line support staff to allow them to address issues without the need to escalate.
- Carry out project work which may include travel to other Ocorian offices.
- Participate/lead technical aspects of business acquisition tasks involving office integration, data migration and application consolidation.
- Play a key role in the management and maintenance of Ocorian’s global IT environment.
- Work in a risk adverse manner and in accordance with Ocorian security policies.
- Monitoring of Ocorian systems.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our three core values. These values underpin everything that we do and reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful.
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in deploying and maintaining Intune deployments
- Experience in deploying and maintaining Citrix virtual apps and desktops infrastructures
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10/11 and Server 2019 and their deployment methods
- Experience with Azure Active Directory and Office 365
- Good understanding of Powershell
- Knowledge of AoVPN
- Knowledge of SAN attached storage (HPE, PURE, Dell) and fibre channel SANs
- Rubrik/Veeam Backup Solutions
- Strong understanding of networking protocols and Cisco networking products.