Senior Manager/Associate Director - Client Accounting
Following a merger with Estera in early 2020, Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
· Prepare/ review Management Accounts, customized reporting packages, Statutory Accounts
· Prepare/ review monthly payroll and other expense disbursements, as well as year-end remuneration returns and tax clearance
· Prepare/ review GST returns, corporate tax return, withholding tax and COR
· Prepare/ review administrative/ payment processing
· Liaise with auditors and regulators, answering queries of behalf of clients
· Responsible for billings, fee negotiations and recovery for each client engagement
· To set and manage the deadlines of the portfolios of clients in accordance with the agreed calendar defined for each client
· Provide excellent client service and ensure deliverables timelines are met.
· Monitor and control the workload of the team
· Communicate effectively with the team to ensure they are aware of deadlines and expectations in terms of timing
· Identify training needs and opportunities within the team.
· Ensure that Ocorian policy and procedure are adhered to
· Review current process flow for improvements and assist in the implementation of recommendations
· Identify problems and issues and apply problem solving skills to provide solutions
· Participate in new client prospects meetings, when required, and the subsequent onboarding process.
· And any other such duties that might be reasonably required for this role
· Your job scope of job may be revised at the discretion of the Company according to the needs of the business.
· Bachelor of Accounting or ACCA professional qualification
· Proven supervisory/management experience.
· Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory level, preferably from professional services firm in an Accounting/Outsourcing/Client Accounting/Audit environment.
· Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
· Client service focused and commercial thinker
· Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, CPF, Income Tax, GST, and relevant tax rules, procedures, and guidelines
· Very strong technical skills in the relevant areas.
· The ability to effectively manage and motivate staff.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
· A solution-driven attitude to problems.
· Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within corporate policies.
· Strong time management, organizational and IT skills.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
· We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
· We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
· We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
. We are EHTICAL - We behave with integrity at all times