Senior Finance Administrator - Financial Control
Ocorian is building a Financial Control team out of Mauritius to support its accounting teams worldwide. The team is led by a Senior Manager and reports into the Regional Finance Director, also based in Mauritius. The main objective is to create, deploy, and run standard financial controls & processes across our jurisdictions.
The Senior Finance Administrator is responsible for some financial controls & processes for several jurisdictions.
- Book periodic journal entries including payroll, tax and provisions
- Participate in the month end close process and ensure completion within the prescribed deadlines
- Preparation and review of management accounts
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis for all balances in all entities
- Proactively identify, propose and implement process improvement and automations
- Assist in ad-hoc tasks and projects
Financial control, tax and treasury
- Support in ensuring the financial control environment is appropriate and controls are operating as intended
- Support in preparing statutory accounts, tax returns and other filings
- Assist on local and Group audits as appropriate
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts
- Support with various other reports & regulatory requirements, ensuring compliance with all Group accounting policies and IFRS
- Provide support and training to finance administrators
- Support continuous process improvement and global centralisation of finance operational tasks
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- Partly ACCA qualified accountant or equivalent, with at least 5 years' experience, ideally in an internal finance function
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to prepare management accounts and statutory financial statements as per IFRS
- Ability to prepare and file tax computation and VAT computation
- Experience of working with external auditors. Previous audit experience preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Solid ERP knowledge (preferably NavOne). Knowledge in Caseware is a plus
- Previous experience in a multi-jurisdictional environment would be preferable.
- Strong computer software skills, including Excel, Visio, Word & PowerPoint.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and productivity requirements.
- Ability to lead project(s) to success within agreed deadlines
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Ability to generate ideas and drive continuous process improvement and innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, act as a team-player with other finance team members and as a business partner with other departments within the group.