Ocorian are one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Job Title: Senior Administrator
Department: Real Estate
Reporting To: Associate Director
Purpose of the Job
To manage the day-to-day administration of a varied portfolio of corporate structures holding Real Estate assets and to maintain and develop a wide knowledge and understanding of corporate administration generally, to include anti-money laundering, compliance and relevant legislation.
- To assist the Associate Director/Assistant Manager in ensuring that group workloads are completed to the highest possible standards, within the agreed timescales and that the objectives of the group are fulfilled.
- To develop close working relationships with relevant clients within the group, and to strengthen key relationships through regular contact. To seek to provide innovative and practical answers to client queries, being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy. To ensure absolute compliance with KYC procedures in order to maintain knowledge of the client business.
- To support the Associate Director/Assistant Manager in order to guide, motivate and oversee staff in the group to ensure their workloads are undertaken professionally and without risk to the firm or clients. This includes training guidance, career development and the maximisation of potential where applicable.
- To ensure billing and debt collection is carried out effectively and in a timely manner. In liaison with the Group Manager to negotiate fees to the mutual satisfaction of the company and clients.
- To assist the Associate Director/Assistant Manager in the development of new business. To maintain a broad general knowledge of issues affecting the offshore industry, and be able to apply this knowledge in developing new and existing business.
- To attend marketing events and functions organised by intermediaries, whenever appropriate and possible.
- To support the company’s strategy, demonstrating the ability to generate innovative operational ideas and constructively challenge the status quo.
- To ensure the achievement of a minimum of 25 hours per year relevant CPD (a maximum of 5 of which may be relevant reading). To ensure that CPD records are maintained and updated regularly and are accounted to HR on a regular basis.
- And any other such duties that might be reasonably required for this role.
- An enhanced level of technical knowledge, to include a relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACCA Intermediate level, ICSA Diploma, CIB, STEP Diploma) together with experience at senior administration level in the offshore industry.
- Excellent organisational and client management skills, together with a full knowledge of current company and trust legislation, and the local regulatory environment. This includes a high level of awareness of risk factors and compliance procedures.
- Professional manner with the ability to relate to persons at all levels, and to identify clients’ needs, responding to these quickly and effectively.
- An advanced technical knowledge as above, including detailed knowledge of the trust company’s software and systems. Strong management skills to include a high level of integrity, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Good time management skills, together with a thorough understanding of client files. In addition, the post holder should have a strong appreciation of the importance of financial management issues.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, essential to maintain and develop strong relationships with existing and potential clients, coupled with a strong awareness of marketing opportunities.
- Good interpersonal skills, with flexibility to attend after-hours functions where relevant.
- Reasonable knowledge and understanding of the company strategy and policies, and detailed knowledge of compliance and technical issues to enable you to act as role model for peer group and junior staff.
- CPD is a compulsory requirement for all trust company business employees.
- To support the Group’s goals, and demonstrate the confidence to contribute ideas.
- To manage own workloads and clients’ priorities and to work to specific deadlines as agreed to with the team member responsible for the client.
- To produce work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- To ensure the achievement of a minimum of 25 hours per year relevant CPD (a maximum of 5 of which may be relevant reading).
- To ensure that CPD records are maintained and updated regularly and are accounted to HR on a regular basis.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.