Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the Job
This position requires a person with high quality administrative and organisational skills to manage the day to day operations of the office, provide assistance and administrative support to the team and to work closely with senior management to provide a co-ordinated approach to the varied duties outlined in this job description.
- Facilities and supplier management, to include:
- Liaison with suppliers, ensuring contracts are reviewed before renewal and changes are recorded on our supplier system
- Monitoring office supplies, stationery and IT equipment, obtaining approval, monitoring expense/budget and placing orders when necessary
- Liaising with the landlord and cleaners in relation to maintenance, repairs etc
- Monitoring and ordering access cards and office keys
- Organising company travel
- Financials, to include:
- Invoice coding, seeking approval, filing, updating invoice log, monitoring expense/budget and answering queries from the accounts team
- Collating employee expenses for approval and filing
- Monthly credit card reconciliations
- Petty cash control and reconciliation
- Diary management, setting up and scheduling of meetings and hosting of visitors
- To provide administrative support to the team, including:
- Rebranding and reformatting of documentation ensuring branding guidelines are followed
- Archiving files, maintaining external archive directory and accessing files
- Document scanning
- To be responsible for organising monthly Management Team Meetings. Finalising the agenda, taking minutes and following up on tasks to ensure they have been completed in a timely manner
- To ensure the Business Continuity Plan is kept up to date and implement testing thereof
- To liaise with the local HR representative to:
- Assist with the new starter process
- Ensure Health & Safety processes and procedures are kept up to date and changes advised to all members of the team
- To handle incoming and outgoing post which will include drafting response letters/emails, redirecting, filing, and archiving
- To respond to all incoming telephone calls/enquiries from clients, intermediaries and service providers promptly
- General office duties and any other duties that may be required such as arranging couriers, photocopying and typing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High quality secretarial and organisational skills with the ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative.
- The ability to work whilst under pressure, respond positively to changing priorities and client enquiries and to take responsibility when necessary.
- The ability to gain a good knowledge and awareness of the professional services provided and the practicalities and nuances involved.
- Very good current working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records, particularly whilst under pressure.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times