Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the job
The incumbent will work collaboratively and pro-actively within the Compliance team in Guernsey and will include holding prescribed roles within the business. The Company provides the full range of trust and company administration and accounting services.
The position carries the responsibility for acting as the registered Money Laundering Reporting, Money Laundering Compliance Officer, and Compliance Officer (“MLRO, MLCO & CO”) for Trust Corporation of the Channel Islands Limited(“TCCI”).
- Acting as MLRO with responsibility for receiving disclosures from staff and taking appropriate action, including making suspicious transaction reports where necessary and liaising directly with the Financial Intelligence Services (FIS)
- Acting as MLCO to ensure the firm’s compliance with its obligations as detailed below:
- Overseeing the Compliance Monitoring Program, monitoring and testing and implementation of AML and CFT policies, controls and systems in place to assess their appropriateness and effectiveness;
- Investigating any matters of concern or non-compliance arising from the firm’s compliance review policy;
- Establishing appropriate controls to mitigate any risks arising from the firm’s compliance review policy and to remediate issues where necessary and appropriate in a timely manner;
- Reporting periodically to the board on compliance matters, including the results of the testing undertaken and any issues that need to be brought to the board’s attention, and
- Providing training on CMP findings as appropriate.
- Acting as a point of contact with the Commission and to respond to any queries in a timely manner.
- Providing compliance sign off on all High Risk and Pep reviews, onboarding and closure checklists.
- Acting as CO to monitor the firm’s compliance with the prescribed requirements under the scope of its regulatory license(s).
- Contribution to management matters or specific projects as required.
- Contribution to the delivery of specific regulatory related business projects, reviews and initiatives.
- Working with the senior management team to set overall objectives and compliance agenda including strategic aspects and helping to enable an open and collaborative compliance culture.
- Providing relevant regulatory training to small groups of staff.
- Member of Risk and Compliance Committee
- Attendance at Senior Leadership meetings
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on Ocorian, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of Ocorian, its employees and its clients.
- Accurate time recording in accordance with Ocorian Policies & Procedures.
- Comply with all information security policies, procedures and guidelines in place at Ocorian to ensure information security.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Detailed knowledge of compliance with the Guernsey Handbook and Fiduciary regulatory frameworks
- Professionally qualified with at least 10 years expertise in financial services regulatory compliance and corporate governance.
- Deep knowledge of applicable financial services laws and regulations
- Knowledge of AML and CFT laws and regulations
- Solid understanding of the administration of trusts, funds and companies, estate and succession planning.
- Strong corporate governance experience and demonstrable ability to operate at board level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience of public speaking at conferences and seminars.
- Experience of delivering in-house training and seminars on technical regulatory matters.
- Strong interest in staff development and mentoring at all levels.
- Strong commercial acumen.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times