Manager - Fund Administration (Real Estate)
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
**Please note, in addition to this Manager role, if you are a Senior Administrator or an Assistant Manager with proven Fund Admin experience, we would be keen to speak to you**
Purpose of the Job
To take responsibility for the administration of a limited portfolio of complex and high risk cases, provide management and technical support to a team of fund administrators ensuring adherence with Ocorian policy and procedure at all times and liaising with the management team of Ocorian to ensure smooth operation of the department and the provision of professional and high quality service to clients for which Ocorian provides services.
- To take responsibility for the administration and accounting needs of a limited client portfolio of more complex, demanding and/or high risk funds or other entities.
- To manage risk exposure by ensuring Risk/Review procedures are followed at all times and be aware of the need for professional advice and have a comprehensive understanding of local and other applicable Regulatory matters. Monitor the risk profile of matters under administration and ensure that high risk matters receive the appropriate level of attention and monitoring. Escalating any issues arising promptly to other members of the management team and Directors as appropriate.
- To take responsibility for situations where team members or management may require assistance in relation to client relationships and attend meetings with clients and other professional advisers.
- To manage the billing and aged debt position of personal and team matters effectively.
- During periods of absence, to ensure that Directors are fully briefed of any anticipated activities which may arise and that adequate resources are available to the team to maintain a high standard of service to clients.
- To keep an up to date knowledge and understanding of local and other applicable Regulatory requirements.
- To act as an authorised signatory in accordance with Ocorian Services Limited Policy & Procedures.
General Management Responsibilities
- To participate in and contribute to management meetings and implement decisions taken or carry out any function/activity reasonably required by the Directors.
- To manage the workflows resulting from new business, liaising with Directors etc. to ensure proper allocation and apportionment of new business or tasks to team members with the appropriate skills and experience.
- To take an active role in projects within the department to enhance the client delivery and increased efficiently of the business.
- To carry out any function/activity required by the Management team or Directors from time to time.
People Management Responsibilities
- To effectively manage the operation of a team of Administrators to ensure a positive and expeditious approach to all client work.
- To support and guide the team in professional and personal development in line with their objectives.
- In addition, managers will take an active role in recruitment, annual staff appraisals, manage absence and with support and guidance from HR, handle disciplinary and performance issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ideally a minimum of 6 years or more relevant funds and company administration experience.
- As a result of study and experience possess a comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of fund administration, local Regulatory environment and Jersey Company Law, as well as the tax implications of various structures.
- Proven supervisory/management experience.
- Strong IT skills.
- The ability to effectively manage and motivate staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within corporate policies.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times