Ocorian is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the job
The basic function of this job is to provide administration of the liquidations process as well as provide support to the company’s Liquidator.
- Conduct full review of the corporate books and records, prepare all documentation to be executed by the directors and shareholder and draft relevant letters outlining matters raised.
- Review balance sheets to ensure company is solvent, and if not solvent, provide guidance to clients on next steps.
- Provide guidance to clients on statutory guidelines as outlined in the Companies Act as required.
- Prepare liquidator’s statement of account for shareholder’s approval prior to dissolution.
- Ensure the relevant notifications to the BMA, Registrar of Companies, etc. have been submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide the Liquidator with timely and accurate support to ensure client matters are processed and completed as effectively as possible.
- Prepare monthly bills and forward to finance department for settling according to the company’s processes and procedures.
- Ensure all outstanding receivables are chased on a monthly basis.
- Draft the standard documents for liquidation and dissolution and circulate to the relevant parties.
- Conduct vault checks where applicable.
- Complete the notification process by obtaining copies of the local newspaper advertisements for liquidations, strike-off notices, cancellations of an issuer, etc.
- Complete time recording on a daily basis for posting to the accounting records for each company.
- Perform any such activities as may be reasonably required by the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years’ administrative/secretarial experience in a corporate environment and/or the completion of a certified administrative/secretarial course.
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of Applications.
- Proven experience in database management or inputting.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication and problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate strong client relationship and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and prioritize urgent matters, as well as possess the ability to consistently produce high quality work under pressure.
All staff are expected to embody our four core values. These values underpin everything that we do and reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful.
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time. Opinion
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times.