Human Resource Business Partner
Ocorian is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
HR Business Partnering
- Business Partner with business units to integrate people strategies with overall organizational strategy.
- In close conjunction with the Head of HR Mauritius and the local senior leaders, to implement any changes. Guide the Managers and employees during this process
- Provide HR consulting services to as it relates to human resources programs and policies, often encompassing all areas of human resources.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Drive the people processes (performance, development, and engagement) to ensure that employees’ level of performance and capabilities meet the current and future standards.
- Facilitate employee relationship (induction, development, coaching, mentoring, underperformance, termination etc.)
- Assist Service Line Heads in driving International Mobility programme to encourage knowledge sharing (Immigration
- Continuously participate in the optimization, design, redesign and implementation of tools and processes improving HR-efficiency and contribute to/or lead assigned HR projects or activities.
- Ensure that people’s plans are aligned with global direction and shaped for the organisational’ s needs.
- In collaboration with the Head of HR, use the people plans as a context for effective implementation of people management disciplines such as compensation and benefits, succession planning, people development, and performance management to achieve business goals.
- Collaborate closely with HR Service Delivery and provide them with input and data regarding employee life cycle changes.
- Ensure defined processes and approval flows are followed, foster development of ethics and compliance awareness, and oversee full compliance to HR policies and procedures and employment related laws and regulations.
- Gather and analyse relevant data, trends, and patterns and identify gaps and priorities, particularly in the areas of talent management, performance management, workforce planning, strategic recruitment, and capability development.
- Work in collaboration with the Head of HR to ensure a coherent implementation of people plans and processes across the organisation and ensuring they align with global direction.
- Ensure efficient processing of HR administration.
Talent Management/Succession Planning/ Learning & Development Plan
- Support line management in forecasting and planning the talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy. Work closely with the recruitment team with regards to talent acquisition.
- Assist the Head of HR to create assessment approaches to identify talent.
- Assist the Head of HR on restructuring plan, workforce planning, and succession planning: identify training needs and individual management coaching needs.
- Assist leader to identify the high potential through talent management and establish a development plan for each high potential to ensure succession of key positions.
- Assist the Head of HR to create and execute learning strategies and programs.
- Assist the Head of HR to evaluate individual and organizational development needs and lead, implement and manage employee’s development initiatives.
- Work with Learning & Development team to deploy different kinds of learning methods for the to the organization, such as coaching, online training, and so on. Organize e-learning courses٫, workshops, and other training. Utilize Grow capacity to provide training and development opportunities to the employees.
- Coach and challenge leaders to support the development of leadership capability.
- In collaboration with the L&D team, implement training initiatives.
- Lead the evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Help managers develop their team members through career path by continuous coaching to Managers.
- Gather and analyze data to identify trends, gaps, and priorities, particularly in the areas of performance management, talent development, and workforce planning.
- Develop and deliver training programs, materials, and resources on HR-related topics. (Local policies- Employee Handbook, Work from Home policy etc)
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Consult with employees and management on employee relations issues providing guidance and assistance with policy interpretation, open and direct communication, conflict resolution, performance management, and conduct-related issues.
- Serve as an initial point of contact for local employee relations, including conducting exit interviews.
- Researches and explains laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Uses surveys, interviews, and other studies to research human resource policies, compensation, and other employment issues. After analyzing the information, makes recommendations on changes.
- Advises and trains managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances. Develops further training as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-5 years HR Business Partner or equivalent experience ideally within a fast-paced global organisation.
- Deep knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, HR concepts and expertise.
- Knowledge related to HR policies, processes and practices of Compensation and Benefits, Recruitment and Onboarding, Performance Management, Leadership Development.
- Solid business/ labour market understanding.
- Assertiveness, interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with multiple stakeholders with employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Credibility and recognition of ethical behaviour.
- Analytical and able to implement decisions quickly.
- Adaptation and flexibility to act in a changing and complex environment, with a multitasking mindset.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Strong detail orientation, follow up and organizational skills.
- Formidable team player.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written; proven experience of establishing, maintaining, and developing working relationships at all levels.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
· We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
· We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
· We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.