Head of Depositary
Ocorian is a global leader in corporate and fiduciary services, fund administration and capital markets. Wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact for all Luxembourg depository relationships.
- To consolidate the existing clients base and assume the leading role in developing the depositary activity of Ocorian.
- To act as a main contact for the CSSF, being a designated person for the daily governance of the Company ;
- To ensure that the team delivers a first class depository administration service to the clients of Ocorian and provide training, support, guidance and oversight to junior members of staff.
- Undertake an annual review and ongoing development of the depositary procedures and checklists to ensure they are current, and where appropriate, update and provide training to junior members of staff.
- Manage the ongoing development of the depositary systems used within Ocorian liaising with other jurisdiction to ensure a consistent approach to the delivery of depositary services across the Group.
- Assist with new business enquiries and if necessary, estimate budgets, prepare presentation and other useful material for the business development team.
- Contribute to the thought leadership activity of the Ocorian group, including but not limited to writing relevant articles for publication, attending and participating on panels at industry conferences etc…
- To mentor and support the training of more junior members of staff.
- Escalate any issues/risks arising from the fund activity of the PFS promptly to the Board of Directors, where appropriate.
- Ideally the post holder will have completed a professional/relevant qualification to Professional Level.
- Strong experience of the alternative investment fund sector preferably with exposure to the real assets (e.g Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Debt)
- Strong personal skills. Pragmatic, approachable and independent; able to apply tenacity where necessary.
- Strong communication skills are required (oral, written and listening) in order to deal professionally with external and internal parties at all levels.
- Constructive negotiating skills – to be concise and assertive.
- An enquiring and analytical mind with good investigative skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work under pressure occasionally, prioritise workloads and plan ahead to achieve deadlines.
- Be an efficient, effective team player.
- Fluent English, any other language is considered an advantage.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times