Governance Manager for the UK
Ocorian is one of the largest providers of fund, corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 15,000 structures for 6,000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ offices, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the job
To fulfil a Governance Manager role by providing the management and administration services to the UK Ocorian operational in-house companies and providing a high-quality service to the business in relation to service standards, compliance, governance, administration and risk management.
- Complete the day to day management and administration of the UK Ocorian "operational" in house companies, to include;
- Convening meetings/preparation of notices for Group statutory boards of directors and committees and any ancillary documentation, attendance at meeting and completion of minutes
- Maintenance of statutory records - minute books, workspaces and databases to ensure up-to-date information is available upon request at all times
- Completion with various statutory filings in accordance with company legislation/regulatory requirements
- CoSec related audit support work
- Assist with in-house companies' legal entity simplificiation and any board rationalisation initiatives
- Maintenance of in house high level statutory information and other records
- General support as required to in house repository platforms
- Working with senior management locally and also in different jurisdictions, when required
- Following any mergers and/or acquisitions, completion of project work as required
- Facilitate best practice exchange within group
- Ideally have completed a professional / relevant qualification (e.g. ICSA)
- Ideally at least 4 years' experience in Company Secretarial / financial services environment – with good minute writing experience / knowledge of UK Companies House
- Proficient IT skills
- NAV / Board Intelligence /Sharepoint experience desirable but not essential as training can be provided
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time management skills together the ability to work methodically and accurately
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and external parties
- Team player
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A solution driven attitude and enquiring mind
- Role model in order to implement our Group culture
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.