Global Head of Client Screening
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Purpose of the Job
The Global Head of Client Screening will establish, lead and oversee the strategic direction of the global client screening process, consistent with Ocorian’s Group needs and in line with applicable rules and requirements in each region and globally.
The role will be responsible for all aspects of the client screening life cycle and for ensuring the screening process is delivered in line with the regulatory requirements of each relevant jurisdiction as detailed in the respective service level agreement (“SLA”).
The role will be accountable for ensuring that sufficient and appropriately skilled resources work effectively to deliver the programme on an ongoing basis, as well as understanding the client screening process holistically and working with the wider Ocorian Group to ensure that the screening process remains effective and efficient to ensure that the process remains in line with the regulatory expectations globally.
The scope of the role is broad and encompasses a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities, these include the requirement to:
- Manage, maintain and enhance an effective group wide screening team whose objective is to undertake centralised client screening, in line with all appropriate Service Level agreements (“SLAs”) and deliver the results of this process in line with agreed formats and timeframes.
- Set and manage team and individual goals and targets.
- Design, manage and implement a standardised client screening process across the Ocorian group in line with local, group and regulatory expectations and frameworks.
- Check regularly with stakeholders that the screening process and subsequent outputs continues to inform internal and external stakeholders adequately about the screening process and associated risk outputs.
- Manage, investigate and implement effective screening process enhancements, and were deemed appropriate deliver business strategy changes to ensure the screening process remains effective.
- Work closely with all Ocorian business stakeholders to ensure that regional regulatory changes are taken into consideration in the global client screening process, ensuring that the programme addresses all regulatory expectations.
- Work Closely with the Ocorian leadership teams globally to ensure that the resource is leveraged effectively and jointly where appropriate to ensure a coherent approach to client screening remains in place.
- Manage relationships with all 3rd party screening providers, ensuring the relationships remain in line with Ocorian goals and targets
- Manage all internal sanctions screening processes and ensure the overall distribution of results remains within regional and global expectations.
- Provide advice to the Ocorian Executive Committee in relations to sanction and screening risks.
- Work Directly with Ocorian Executive Committee and senior leadership teams to enhance understanding of the importance of client screening within the Ocorian business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Relevant professional qualification(s)with a minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in a varied Risk and Compliance Operations function, preferably in a globally facing position or team. Qualified to Diploma Level.
- An established leader / people manager with demonstratable experience in managing high performing multi-role teams.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of a global team.
- Strong influencing skills gained in a global finance services environment.
- Strong delegation and work prioritisation skills
- Strong technical skills in relation to the application of a globally centric client screening process, with preferably a demonstrated history of implementing and managing a client screening process and programmes and international sanctions regimes.
- Ability to produce clear, insightful management information and reporting
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times