Global Funds - Operations Control Manager
The business control manager will be a leadership role that will coordinate and consolidate procedures and controls framework for the operational activities and priorities of the end-to-end Global Funds services product offering, covering Fund Accounting, Administration, Investor Services, Depositary and AIFM. The Operational Controls Manager will be a champion for the Operational Control Management (OCM) team with opportunities to build and scale the team.
As an Operational Control Manager, you will be responsible forbuilding out and implementing an enhanced, documented and consistent control framework which supports a continuous and integrated approach to procedural best practice and risk assessment. This control framework will be a key foundation for the Global Funds Risk & Control Self-Assessment. As part of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment cycle, the control framework will be tested, monitored and assessed by the business for adequacy and coverage. Additionally, you will ensure the team assists in top down risk analysis, real time control issue detection, escalation, root cause and trend analysis and remediation.
The description of key tasks below is for guidance only and is subject to evolve the role develops:
- Understand all aspects of global funds product offering and develop knowledge of specific local regulatory requirements
- Identify, document and maintain a register of key operational procedures, checklists, risks and develop a control framework to mitigate these risks across the Global Funds Service line on a functional pillar basis
- Performing assurance work to monitor the design and operating effectiveness of the identified controls in place to mitigate the material risks (e.g. controls testing, thematic reviews, policy assurance)
- Partner with Compliance teams and represent the Global Funds business as the first line of defence in all relevant projects, reviews and Group initiatives
- Coordinate with key stakeholders from all functional pillars and ensure that the control framework is documented, implemented, maintained and monitored
- Proactively identify material deviations from the Risk & Control Framework, Policy and Guidelines
- Prepare the business for both internal and external control effectiveness audits. Ensure that any findings from ongoing audits are reported, escalated and closed out within defined timeframes
- Target and execute proactive process-control reviews with the business to ensure control framework coverage and conduct deep dives based on data analysis, themes and trends, emerging risks and product offering life-cycle
- Review incident management, risk event and errors internally and externally where relevant
- Execute targeted root cause analysis to isolate themes and trends. Implement control framework amendments and update where necessary with all relevant operational stakeholders.
- Evaluate emerging risks through workshops, risk assessments and new business/service interaction with business, technology and Compliance partners
- Manage risk & control forums including content and agenda, action tracking and closure.
- Set and govern standards for risk event capture and escalation, control metrics, proactive review standards, data usage.
- Monitor and participate in raising, executing and closing of control action plans on time.
- Contribute to new product design and service offering, technology enhancements, new application design & associated implementation from controls, access, standards, etc.
- Partner with Compliance, Risk and other stakeholders in Group-wide initiatives, Risk Assessments and working groups as a key first line of defence lead to support a culture of ongoing compliance and effective challenge
- Supporting a culture of effective challenge
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
• We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be ;
• We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective ;
• We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- 10+ years of financial services experience primarily in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance
- Experience in Alternative Funds service providers preferred
- Bachelor or University degree in economics, banking, accounting, finance or equivalent
- Experience in leading teams to achieving agreed objectives
- Strong project experience with the ability to be able to incorporate BAU work with project requirements if needed
- Excellent knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create, implement and monitor a Risk & Control Self-Assessment in conjunction with business partners
- Experience in leading a team to successfully implement and coordinate control report audits (ISAE3402 / SOC / GS007)
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and to manage and prioritise their workload proactively and independently to agreed objectives
- Strong client focus with the ability to develop and maintain important client relationships both internally & externally
- Excellent communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Positive and ‘can-do’ attitude