Finance Director - Global Accounting
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
To manage Ocorian’s Global Accounting Team based in Mauritius. The team consists of 60+ employees performing all finance functions including billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial control, and financial reporting, planning and analysis.
- Provide leadership for Global Accounting Team, including direct management for five senior employees.
- Ensue on-time delivery of all tasks by Global Accounting Team.
- Ensure KPIs for the team are documented and communicated to stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Ensure Global Accounting Tam’s processes are standardised and efficient. Ensure all process are documented.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place for all aspects of Global Accounting.
- Drive continuous improvement of the Global Accounting Team.
- Lead projects to transfer additional work to Global Accounting Team, including from acquired entities.
- Act as finance business partner to Global Operations management (based in Mauritius).
- Act as a role model and change champion for the team.
- Ensure development plans in place for all staff.
- Lead on employee engagement within the Global Accounting Team.
- Liaise with Regional Financial Controllers and other stakeholders to ensure team is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Manage issues as required.
- Support statutory audit for Mauritius entities as required.
- Support other financial aspects relating to Mauritius, for example pensions, tax.
Support Group Finance Director with ad hoc tasks as required
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Fluent in English (French an advantage)
knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in a finance leadership role
- Experience of leading a shared service / global function
- Experience in a global or multi-jurisdictional organisation
- Demonstrate successful completion of complex projects and process improvements
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (both written and verbal)
- Experience of working with external auditors. Previous audit experience preferred
- Knowledge of IFRS preferred
- Strong IT skills, in paticular Excel
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Ability to work independently, under own initiative and proactively
- Ability to work under pressure prioritise and deliver multiple outcomes to predetermined timelines
- Confident communicator in English to all levels and abilities
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times