Finance Accountant - Financial Control
Following a merger with Estera in early 2020, Ocorian is one of the largest providers of Fund, Corporate and private client services in the market, recognised by our clients and the industry for exceptional client service and value and known for strong and sustained growth.
As a combined business we manage over 17,000 structures for 8000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations, scale which offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
Ocorian is building a Financial Control team out of Mauritius to support its accounting teams worldwide. The team is led by a Senior Manager and reports into the Regional Finance Director, also based in Mauritius. The main objective is to create, deploy, and run standard financial controls & processes across our jurisdictions.
The Finance Administrator is responsible for some financial controls & processes for several jurisdictions.
- Book periodic journal entries including payroll, tax and provisions
- Participate in the month end close process and ensure completion within the prescribed deadlines
- Preparation of management accounts
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis for all balances in all entities
- Proactively identify, propose and implement process improvement and automations
- Assist in ad-hoc tasks and projects
Financial control, tax and treasury
- Support in ensuring the financial control environment is appropriate and controls are operating as intended
- Support in preparing statutory accounts, tax returns and other filings
- Assist on local and Group audits as appropriate
- Collate data to prepare monthly cash flow forecasts
Support with various other reports & regulatory requirements, ensuring compliance with all Group accounting policies and IFRS
- A degree in accounting or any equivalent qualification
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience in a finance role, ideally in FC
- Ability to prepare management accounts and financial summary
- Ability to prepare and file tax computation and VAT computation
- Experience of working with external auditors. Previous audit experience preferred
- Strong ERP knowledge (preferably NavOne). Knowledge of Caseware is a plus
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written. French is a plus
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and productivity requirements
- Ability to work autonomously, paying attention to details and meet or beat the deadlines.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Curious, eager to learn and to continuously improve our processes.
Good interpersonal and communication skills, act as a team-player with other finance team members and as a business partner with other departments within the group.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
· We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
· We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
· We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.