Fiduciary / Client Director
Ocorian is a global leader in corporate, trust and fiduciary services and capital markets wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8,000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Fiduciary / Client Director will be responsible for the Directorship services business (for Corporate and Funds) and be accountable for the operations and services standards, whilst creating strong profitable and personal relationships with clients. To develop, implement and grow various new service offering to clients in the investment funds area in conjunction with the Client Director.
The Fiduciary / Client Director reports into the Managing Director of Bermuda.
- Conduct business development, whilst extending the scope of the services provided to existing clients.
- Uphold Ocorian’s core values by promoting a culture of professionalism, teamwork and leadership. The main responsibility of the role is to ensure the smooth running of the Directorship services responsibilities
- Play an integral role in the Bermuda Executive Committee, with a particular emphasis on coaching, support, colleague relations and overseeing all aspects of administration and reporting.
- Fiduciary responsibility for the management of a complex / high value portfolio of trusts and companies
- Participate in board meetings for companies on which you act as a director and carry out your responsibilities as a director in accordance with the policies and procedures of Ocorian Services (Bermuda) Limited.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that the contracted services are delivered in accordance with both our service level agreements and in accordance with our Risk and Compliance responsibilities.
- Assist with client interface, portfolio management, presentation and article writing.
- Assisting and deputising for the Managing Director, where appropriate
- Assume authorised signatory responsibility for Ocorian and as such assist with authorisation of payments, transfers, deposits, and foreign currency trades as well as execution of documentation on behalf of the client, wherever necessary.
- Any other such duties that might be required for your role.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry. Ideally with operational and management experience in a Corporate/ Trust company management/administration environment.
- Insurance experience beneficial.
- Insurance experience beneficial.
- Experience sitting on boards of international companies - with a detailed understanding of Directorship services and the associated responsibilities.
- Strong transaction management, document review and negotiation and onboarding skills
- As a result of study and experience possess a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations as far as it pertains to our industry.
- Experience and understanding of the Bermuda Economic Substance legislation.
- Broad knowledge and experience working with a multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional financial services firm.
- Experience of collaborating with off-island teams and outsourced service providers to deliver the right outcomes for the local business.
- Experience in the development and implementation of new business lines and products
- Experience of leading teams through change to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Strong academic qualifications, preferably with a professional designation. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, from a recognised College or University, preferably with a concentration in business, finance, accounting or legal designation.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient, and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- We are ETHICAL – We always behave with integrity