Director, Head of Capital Markets - Luxembourg
Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
To grow the Capital Market Services business and have full p/l responsibility for your region. Be accountable for all elements of the operations and service standards whilst creating strong profitable and long-lasting client relationships. To develop, implement and grow various new service offerings to clients in the securitization and structured finance areas in conjunction with the Head of Capital Markets - Europe.
- Lead Ocorian’s BENELUX Capital Markets business. Ensuring the business is aligned to the global and regional strategy.
- Working with relevant stakeholders – develop and execute a strategy to grow the business.
- Participate and manage business development activities and represent Ocorian at conferences and industry events.
- Liaise and build relationships with banks, investment managers, private equity managers, lawyers, and other intermediaries.
- Manage and grow a diverse portfolio of structured finance transactions.
- Overseeing the capital market team in region. Recruit, lead and manage the teams ensuring an appropriate spread of skills and resources to manage the portfolio.
- Serve as a director and relationship manager on a portfolio of structured finance companies within the capital markets client portfolio.
- Ensure client companies adhere to all local legal and regulatory requirements and ensure the AML and compliance obligations are adhered to in accordance with all regulations and Ocorian group policies.
- Lead ad hoc projects and change management for business and regulatory operational optimization.
- Establish and foster strong relationships with key business stakeholders in other Ocorian offices in key capital markets jurisdictions.
- Identify and promote cross-selling opportunities across various business service lines within the broader Ocorian global network.
- Promote an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork whilst exemplifying Ocorian core values.
- Perform any such other activities and tasks as may be reasonably required by the role.
- Strong knowledge of relevant local statute, regulations and best practices
- Focus on excellent client service and delivery
- Attention to detail and passion for continuous improvement
- Excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team and build positive professional relationships
- Maintain a high level of attendance and punctuality.
- Robust organisational, multitasking, time management and follow up skills
- Expected to work on his / her own initiative to produce accurate and timely work on a consistent basis
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Reliable and demonstrates high levels of integrity
- Promotes operational efficiencies through a consultative and collaborative approach, improving policies and procedures while mitigating risks
- Experience of Viewpoint, NavOne, and iManage is preferable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 10+ years’ experience performing SPV administration and agency services, particularly for structured and asset finance transactions
- Strong transaction management, document review and negotiation and onboarding skills and experience
- Strong regulatory background
- Experience dealing with distressed transactions and work-outs would be an asset
- Broad knowledge and experience working with a multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional financial services firm
- Experience operating in tandem with an outsourced servicing centre model
- Previous experience leading a Capital Markers team or operation
- Experience in the development and implementation of new business lines and products
- Project and change management skills and experience
- Advance Microsoft Excel and exceptional numeracy skills is an advantage, with the ability to comprehend detailed financial reports and statements
- Must possess excellent academic qualifications, with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting/finance or law
- A professional designation such as a Chartered Accountant/Certified Public Accountant, or admission as a qualified lawyer is preferred
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times