Ocorian delivers administration and compliance services for funds, corporate, capital markets and private clients.
No matter where in the world our clients' hold financial interests, or however they are structured or need to be supported, we will provide a tailored and personalised solution that is individual to their needs and fully compliant to the needs of their stakeholders, regulators and the investment itself.
We manage over 15,000 structures for 6000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 20+ locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
- Develop an understanding of all entities in the assigned portfolio, the nature of their transactions and reporting requirements.
- Accurately bookkeep for transactions, including sales invoices, purchase invoices and VAT.
- Communicate confidently and professionally with the team and external suppliers to discuss reporting requirements and accounting treatment.
- Liaise with team members to ensure bookkeeping is done in line with procedures and to ensure bookkeeping is completed on time each month to achieve client reporting deadlines.
- To reconcile bank accounts in accordance with the Company’s agreed procedures and follow up any outstanding reconciling items.
- Review client ledgers to ensure bookkeeping is accurate.
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns, with appropriate supporting documentation, in line with procedures.
- Any other such duties that might be reasonably required for this role
- Solid and pragmatic bookkeeping skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong systems and IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in the Company.
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to the varying tasks and the ability to respond positively to meet deadlines and exceed client expectations.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times