Client Delivery Director
Ocorian is a global leader in corporate, trust and fiduciary services and capital markets wherever our clients hold financial interests, or however they are structured, we provide compliant, tailored solutions that are individual to their needs.
We manage over 17,000 structures for 8,000+ clients with a global footprint operating from 18 locations. Our scale offers all our people great opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills and to progress their careers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Client Delivery Director will be responsible for the delivery of corporate and operational services on behalf of Ocorian Bermuda, embodying our values by improving and implementing more collaborative and efficient procedures, and enhancing the service provided by Ocorian, by leading the team and enhancing the service provided by Ocorian. The Client Delivery Director reports into the Managing Director of Bermuda, with responsibility to the Regional Director of the Americas.
- Responsible for leading the Corporate and Operational Teams, inspiring them to achieve objectives, manage performance and enabling a culture of high performance, accountability and service excellence ensuring delivery of strategic objectives.
- Play an integral role in the Bermuda Executive Committee, with a particular emphasis on coaching, support, colleague relations and overseeing all aspects of administration and reporting.
- Lead and manage junior members of the management team, including training, development, and setting the foundations of an environment of participation, motivation, teamwork, and open communication.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that the contracted services are delivered in accordance with both our service level agreements and in accordance with our Risk and Compliance responsibilities.
- Collaborate with other Ocorian jurisdictions in client delivery and identifying operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for reviewing and improving policies and procedures within the Bermuda Office, consistent with global standards.
- Assist with client interface, portfolio management, presentation and article writing.
- Assisting and deputising for the Managing Director, where appropriate
- Assume authorised signatory responsibility for Ocorian and as such assist with authorisation of payments, transfers, deposits, and foreign currency trades as well as execution of documentation on behalf of the client, wherever necessary.
- Build relationship with local Regulator and provide updates when necessary.
- Any other such duties that might be required for your role.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry. Ideally with operational and management experience in a Corporate/ Trust company management/administration environment.
- Insurance experience beneficial.
- Experience sitting on boards of international companies - with a detailed understanding of Directorship services and the associated responsibilities.
- Strong transaction management, document review and negotiation and onboarding skills
- As a result of study and experience possess a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations as far as it pertains to our industry.
- Experience and understanding of the Bermuda Economic Substance legislation.
- Broad knowledge and experience working with a multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional financial services firm.
- Experience of collaborating with off-island teams and outsourced service providers to deliver the right outcomes for the local business.
- Previous experience in managing large operational and client service teams.
- Experience in the development and implementation of new business lines and products
- Experience of leading teams through change to deliver positive business outcomes.
- Strong academic qualifications, preferably with a professional designation, but not required. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, from a recognised College or University, preferably with a concentration in business, finance, accounting or legal designation.
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient, and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- We are ETHICAL – We always behave with integrity