Assistant Manager - Billing
The Ocorian Global Accounting team manages billing, accounts receivable (AR) and payable (AP) for an increasing number of jurisdictions across the world. The team is based in Mauritius and reports into the Mauritius Finance Director, with a dotted line to the Group Head of Finance Operations based in Jersey.
This role is in the Billing team which is led by a Senior Manager supported by two leaders each responsible for designated regions.
The Assistant Manager supervises a team of up to 5 staff. He/she oversees the Billing operations for a designated jurisdiction(s), ensuring that all KPIs are met and providing support to the team.
- Manage a team of up to 3 finance administrators.
- Manage the end to end billing process for designated jurisdiction(s) (i.e.: resource card, job fee set up, timesheet posting monitoring, billing run, invoice tracking, queries, monthly closing tasks, etc.).
- Review and approve new job fee set up based on agreement / instructions from client facing team and ensure it is aligned with the job fee set up desk procedures.
- Review and approve credit note and ensure it is aligned with the global credit note policy and desk procedures.
- Provide guidance to the Finance Administrators and assist them in their daily tasks.
- Conduct daily huddles and weekly operational team meetings, prepare and send minutes and follow up on action plans.
- Continuously improve processes by designing and reviewing quality metrics, proposing solutions and implementing them.
- Drive and successfully deliver cross-functional projects (i.e.: System migration, software implementation, Regression testing etc.).
- Prepare and present monthly reports for assigned jurisdiction(s) to the senior manager and any other stakeholders
- Assist the jurisdictional financial controller during statutory audits
- Ensure fair and equal work allocation based on individual skillset
- Support Senior Manager/HR in the hiring of new team members
- Conduct employee performance review
- Share best practices across the team
- Listen to team members’ feedback, resolve any issues or conflict, and involve the manager appropriate
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent professional qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a managerial position with direct oversight over billing.
- Strong ERP knowledge (preferably NavOne)
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel and data management in general
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the Global Business Industry in Mauritius is a plus
- Experience in a multi-jurisdictional and international environment is a big plus
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
- Ability to manage a team (effective delegation, workload management, etc.)
- Ability to manage a project involving many stakeholders in different parts of the world
- Ability to develop and foster a continuous improvement culture within the team
- Ability to work and deliver the highest standards under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement new processes
- Ability to contribute to Operations/Production when needed.