Assistant Finance Administrator (AP Trainee)
Job Title: ASSISTANT FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR - ACCOUNTS PAYABLES
Reporting To: ASSISTANT MANAGER - FINANCE
Purpose of the Job
The Ocorian Global Accounting team manages billing, accounts receivable (AR) and payable (AP) for an increasing number of jurisdictions across the world. The team is based in Mauritius and reports into the Mauritius Finance Director, with a dotted line to the Group Head of Finance Operations based in Jersey.
This role is in the Accounts Receivable & Payable team which is led by a Manager supported by two Assistant Managers, one for AR and one for AP.
The assistant finance administrator is responsible to efficiently process vendor invoices & support the payment processing team to trigger timely payment of the invoices for all the jurisdictions covered by the Global Accounting Team.
- Accurate (i.e. currency, supplier, cost centre, VAT, amount, etc.) and timely processing of invoices on the accounting system.
- Attend to all emails and queries in Accounts Payable mailbox on a timely basis.
- Secure relevant approvals of the invoices as per the Delegation of Authority.
- Manage Aged Payables report and applying payment to invoices.
- Responsible for supplier payments and handling of Interbank transfers.
- Ensure that we check bank balances daily and arrange for top up as required so that they are not in overdraft.
- Ensure payments are done before or by due date (Payment Frequency may vary).
- Posting of payment journals.
- Daily posting of bank statement.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Manage the petty cash accounts (including reconciliation).
- Filing of invoices & bank statements in the document filling system.
- Compile data for the weekly cash forecast reports.
- Direct any challenges or queries to the appropriate person who can further assist and help resolve.
- Coordinate appropriately and professionally with suppliers and other administrators/departments and respond to their queries.
- Follow instruction given by the Management/Senior Finance Administrator to ensure efficiency in deliverables.
- Assist with ad hoc finance tasks or projects as and when requested.
- Assist with audit queries and tax returns.
- Provide cover for other members of the finance team when absent.
- Assist with finance administrator’s queries.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with stakeholders.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All our staff seek to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
- A degree in accounting or any equivalent qualification.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year of experience or traineeship in a finance role, ideally in Accounts Payable function
- Past experience of an ERP system would be an advantage
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written. French is a plus
- Fair knowledge in terms of computer software skills, including Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines and productivity requirements
- Ability to seek support proactively before timeline elapses and pay attention to details
- Fair understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Curious, eager to learn and to continuously improve our processes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, act as a team-player with other finance team members and as a business partner with other departments within the group.