Assistant Administrator - Corporate Applications Administration
To act as a middle office function for the entire fee earning work streams. Assisting with the day to day administration of all aspects of a varied portfolio of trust and company structures. This is not a client facing role but is integral to the efficient and effective provision of client service.
This is a position requiring an ability to complete administrative assignments to a consistently high standard, within agreed timescales. The post holder will have demonstrated an enthusiasm to develop their understanding of company and trust administration, offshore products, services, legislation and regulatory issues. They will be seeking to expand their knowledge by means of formal study and on-the-job learning.
The working hours for this role will be afternoons & evenings to align with working hours in the UK time zone.
- To deal with day-to-day administration tasks assigned to the post holder by other members of the Team including:
- On-boarding of clients
- Input and update client records in database
- Undertake and interpret screening results on all stakeholders using specific as well as open source platforms
- Process KYC and CDD requirements to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Undertake processing and completing of annual confirmation statements
- Production of inaugural minutes and initial statutory documents
- Update and produce register of members as requested by client facing teams
- Complete regular client file reviews in line with designated risk ratings
- Complete annual PEP reviews
- Assist with end of day clear desk policy requirements for the Directors
- To develop a basic understanding of the mechanics of company and trust administration, and the main identifying features of trusts and companies. To develop a basic grasp of money laundering and regulatory issues.
- To ensure workload is completed to a standard acceptable to the Senior Client Manager, and within agreed timescales. To achieve objectives set both by senior members of staff and during the appraisal process.
- To develop business like relationships with intermediaries and internal clients with whom the post holder comes in to regular contact, and to demonstrate a willingness to apply high standards of client care to all dealings with intermediaries or internal clients.
- To gain an understanding of Know Your Client (‘KYC’) policies and procedures in order to ensure absolute compliance with KYC procedures in order to maintain knowledge of the client business.
- To give open and constructive feedback on delegated tasks, and build relationships with other team members.
- Ensure Individual Productivity Plans (‘IPPs’) are adhered to and time is recorded effectively daily for tasks carried out.
- And any other such duties that might be reasonably required for this role.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS - We think and act globally, seizing every opportunity to support our clients and staff - wherever in the world they may be.
- We are AGILE - Our independence from any financial institution gives us the flexibility and freedom to keep things simple, efficient and effective.
- We are COLLABORATIVE - We take the time to understand our clients' needs so that we can deliver personalised solutions every time.
• The post holder will hold either A-Level’s, a degree or equivalent qualifications and have a willingness to study for a relevant professional qualification. The post holder will also have the ability to readily assimilate and apply technical information.
• Good organisational and time management skills, applied to a basic knowledge of the mechanics of company and trust administration. An ability to take responsibility for the completion of work within the engagement while staying alert to potential issues that need disclosing to the Senior Client Manager.
• Professional manner, demonstrating good interpersonal skills and the ability to respond to internal client needs. Also an ability to communicate efficiently and in a manner suitable to the internal client or intermediary being addressed.
• Diligence and care in all aspects of the job, and the willingness to check understanding of delegated tasks through questioning.
• An interest in financial services, and a genuine desire to learn how these can be used as tools for adding value to a client’s business.
• A positive attitude, demonstrating enthusiasm and the desire to take on responsibility. A willingness to get involved in team issues and events.
• CPD is a compulsory requirement for all trust company business employees.
• To supports his/her Group’s goals, and demonstrate the confidence to contribute ideas.
• To manage own workloads and priorities and to work to specific deadlines as agreed to with the team member responsible for the client.
• To produce work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• To ensure the achievement of a minimum of 25 hours per year relevant CPD (a maximum of 5 of which may be relevant reading).
• To ensure that CPD records are maintained and updated regularly and are accounted to HR on a regular basis.