To provide professional administration services to a varied portfolio of clients for which Ocorian provides services and at all times to comply with the Policies and Procedures of Ocorian Services Limited.
- To support administration a portfolio of entities which primarily holds real estate assets in a Shari'ah compliant manner, to ensure all activities fall within the guidelines/stipulations of the statutory or governing documents.
- To ensure that the statutory and regulatory filings of the entities are completed within deadlines as required.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor if the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities.
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff.
- When required, to prepare minutes and other meeting documents.
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships as required.
- To oversee the monthly or quarterly investor distribution cycle, and ensure distributions are processed in accordance with agreed timetables
- To oversee the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian, where appropriate, through effective liaison with the Client Accounting Solutions team.
- To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change.
- To undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Director.
- To mentor and support the training of more junior members of staff with supervision and guidance from the Manager.
- To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the relevant manager and colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the manager or Directors where appropriate.
- Ensure that Ocorian policy and procedures are adhered to.
- To become acquainted with the local regulatory and legal environment (Companies Act, Securities Act etc.) and constitutive documents of clients.
- Carry out any function/activity required by the Manager, Management Team or Directors from time to time.
Your Key Roles and Responsibilities
All staff are expected to embody our core values that underpin everything that we do and that reflect the skills and behaviours we all need to be successful. These are:
- We are AMBITIOUS – We aim high and are always seeking new ways to delight our people and clients
- We are AGILE – We act on our initiative to get things done
- We are COLLABORATIVE – We achieve more working together
- We are ETHICAL – We behave with integrity at all times
- Educated to A level or equivalent.
- ICSA, STEP, ACCA or ICAEW part qualified (at least first level completed) and/or a university degree in Administration, Law or Management from a recognised institution or any relevant field, or any professional qualification related to the Global or financial sector.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience
- Ideally a minimum of one-year funds/trust and company administration or financial services environment.
- A comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of company’s administration, accounting and the tax implications of various structures.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution drive attitude to problems.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodologically and accurately.
- Team spirit.