Purpose of the job
The role’s primary responsibility is to oversee the successful implementation of number of projects to create combined security landscape in line with best practice, at similar running cost to the combined current organisations, with additional identified investment opportunities. These projects are included in the overall technology project plans.
The Security Lead will be responsible for overseeing the activities of all contractors and staff assigned to integration throughout the duration of the various security projects.
Aspiration is to have “Best in class Information Security architecture and approach across the business, with robust oversight and controls deployed and adhered to throughout the organisation supported by a dedicated security team.
Substantial prior experience of leading the technology aspects of systems integration through mergers and acquisitions in regulated business environments is required. The successful candidate should have experience in reviewing and undertaking security due diligence on potential acquisition targets. The role requires strong project management skills coupled with a solid understanding of all aspects of a modern information security. The role will require international travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Lead and oversee the security integration projects.
- Interface with stakeholders (legal and risk) to prioritise and provide overall view of security integration projects progress.
- Prepare budgets and oversee spend on security integration projects with monthly management reporting.
- Recruitment of contract resource as required for integration projects.
- Working with key stakeholders to understand requirements to ensure security technology implementations are aligned with legal and risk workstreams and approved by ISC.
- Ensure appropriate governance and controls in place to ensure smooth handover of work from integration team to operations team during the lifecycle of projects.
- Identify high risk situations and develop mitigation plans with workstream leads and Head of IT Integration to mitigate and manage risk.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Working knowledge of the following information technology and business disciplines
- Information security
- Project Management
- Change management and ITIL practices
- Cloud computing
- Project management skills
- Ability to influence key decision makers to ensure alignment with global technology strategy
- Preparation of detailed budgets and cost tracking for integration projects.
- Ability to lead team across multiple locations
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative multi-jurisdictional environment.
- Energy and enthusiasm to support the future growth and success of the business.