Senior Client Services Officer - Alternative Investments
Ocorian is an independent business providing offshore specialist financial services to both private and institutional clients globally. Specifically, our funds team provides specialist fund and investment services.
Purpose of the job
To provide professional fund administration services to a varied portfolio of clients for which Ocorian provides services and at all times to comply with the Policies and Procedures of Ocorian Services Limited.
- To administer a portfolio of funds and other entities, including more complex, demanding cases and to ensure all activities fall within the guidelines/stipulations of the statutory or governing documents.
- To ensure the tax status of entities is observed with the timely completion of tax returns and the payment of any notified tax liability.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant manager if the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities.
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff.
- When required, to prepare minutes and other meeting documents.
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships.
- To oversee the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian, where appropriate, through effective liaison with the Client Accounting Solutions team.
- To manage the billing process, reviewing billing proformas/draft invoices where appropriate, at established frequencies and to discuss these with the Manager/Director prior to processing.
- To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change.
- To monitor the aged debt position of matters under administration and to liaise with the Accounts Department and Directors to ensure that a tight control is maintained over the value and length of aged debts.
- To undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Director.
- To mentor and support the training of more junior members of staff with supervision and guidance from the Manager.
- Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the Manager or Directors where appropriate.
- To maintain an awareness and understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- Carry out any function/activity required by the Manager, Management Team or Directors from time to time.
- To assist the Manager, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to:
- Being aware of risk exposure and ensuring Risk/Review procedures are followed at all times, being aware of the need for professional advice and have a good understanding of local Regulatory matters. Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to other members of the management team including Directors where appropriate.
- Ideally the post holder will have completed a professional/relevant qualification to Diploma Level (Bac + 3).
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years' experience in funds/trust and company administration or financial services environment.
- A comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of funds/trust administration, Luxembourgish Law and the tax implications of various structures.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within corporate policies.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Team spirited.
Resourcing Manager - HR
+44 (0)1534 507018