Graduate Opportunity - ICT
Ocorian is an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider recognised for its commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for its clients.
The Ocorian business is reliant on key applications, particularly NAVOne and eFront, to provide a range of services both internally and to our clients and the support, maintenance and delivery of these applications is critically important for the business.
Both NAVOne and eFront have been in use by Ocorian for several years but are new to the Luxembourg office and since they will be central to the operation and expansion of the business going forward there is now a need to provide on-site specialist support.
Purpose of the job
The two roles we are seeking to fill require individuals who will gain a good grounding in Ocorian's business applications, the way they are used and the way they are delivered, but one individual will focus more heavily and gain deeper knowledge of eFront and the other will do the same, but with NavOne.
Each post holder will:
- become the first point of contact in Luxembourg for user support, resolving issues, testing and supporting application upgrades and enhancements for NAVOne and/or eFront
- work within the ICT Helpdesk environment to provide day to day support to users, including troubleshooting and escalation where required to external services providers and colleagues
- work with internal and external colleagues to deliver application related projects
- Provide support across the business for a critical business applications (eFront or NAVOne)
- Build and maintain a high level of technical knowledge relating to the management and operation one application or the other
- Understand the technical infrastructure and operational environment upon which each application sits
- To work with respective application SMEs to deliver consistency of approach in deployment and utilisation of the application
- Operate within the agreed support framework recognizing the need for controlled access to applications and data
- Plan and participate in new business processes & process improvements associated with the applications
- Liaise with vendor support for fault reporting and to arrange back-up and restore activity to support testing and fault fixing
- Implement configurations according to technical specifications, operating within change control procedures
- Document and archive all configuration work for future reference
- Deliver training materials for the business to utilize
- A Bachelor Degree or other similar qualification would be preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English, as all training and supplier communication will be in English
- Keen interest or experience in a fiduciary business
- Experience of supporting users within a technical and business environment is desirable
- Experience of working in support of a helpdesk or in customer services would be useful
- Ability to prioritize queries
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Be self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Flexibility, energy, enthusiasm and patience.
- A clear, organised and methodical approach with the ability to define and describe problems clearly and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work with multiple software products and learn a wide range of IT skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and across jurisdictions
- Be an effective and reliable team member
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
+44 (0)1534 507018