Client Services Manager - Alternative Investments
Ocorian is an independent business providing offshore specialist financial services to both private and institutional clients globally. Specifically, our funds team provides specialist fund and investment services.
Purpose of the job
To take responsibility for the administration of a portfolio of complex cases, provide management and technical support to a client service team ensuring adherence with Ocorian policy and procedure at all times. Liaising with the management team of Ocorian to ensure smooth operation of the department and the provision of professional and high quality service to clients for which Ocorian provides services.
- To take responsibility for the administration and accounting needs of a limited client portfolio of more complex, demanding and/or high risk funds or other entities.
- To manage risk exposure by ensuring Risk/Review procedures are followed at all times and be aware of the need for professional advice and have a good understanding of local Regulatory matters. Monitor the risk profile of matters under administration and ensure that high risk matters receive the appropriate level of attention and monitoring. Escalating any issues arising promptly to other members of the management team and Directors as appropriate.
- To take responsibility for situations where team members or management may require assistance in relation to client relationships and attend meetings with clients and other professional advisers.
- To manage the billing and aged debt position of personal and team matters effectively.
- During periods of absence, to ensure that Directors are fully briefed of any anticipated activities that may arise and that adequate resources are available to the team to maintain a high standard of service to clients.
- To maintain a good understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- To act as an authorised signatory in accordance with Ocorian Services Limited Policy & Procedures.
General Management Responsibilities
- To participate in and contribute to management meetings and implement decisions taken or carry out any function/activity reasonably required by the Directors.
- To manage the flow of new business, liaising with Directors etc. to ensure proper allocation and apportionment of new business or tasks to team members with the appropriate skills and experience.
- To take an active role in projects within the department to enhance the client delivery and increased efficiently of the business.
- To carry out any function/activity required by the Management team or Directors from time to time.
People Management Responsibilities
- To effectively manage the operation of a Client Service team to ensure a positive and expeditious approach to all client work.
- A task list providing details of key management responsibilities is provided separately, and this is updated from time to time according to the needs of the business.
- In addition, managers will take an active role in recruitment, annual staff appraisals, manage absence and with support and guidance from HR, handle disciplinary and performance issues.
- Ideally, the post holder will have completed a professional/relevant qualification to Professional Level.
- Ideally, a minimum of 7 years relevant funds/trust and company administration experience.
- As a result of study and experience possess a comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of fund/trust administration, Luxemburgish Law and the tax implications of various structures.
- Proven supervisory/management experience.
- Strong IT skills.
- The ability to effectively manage and motivate staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within corporate policies.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
Resourcing Manager - HR
+44 (0)1534 507018