Marketing & Events Executive - Marketing
We are an award winning provider of alternative investment, corporate and private client services, recognised for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Purpose of the job
To lead the coordination of all self-hosted and industry trade body attended events for the European region and to provide analysis and budgetary control on the cost and return for events.
Co-ordinate the delivery of a programme of profile raising (external) events in support all three business units: Alternative Investments, Private Client and Corporate services.
- Work with each service line to set clear objectives and success measures per activity.
- Create and maintain a forward schedule of offline marketing activities.
- Source and book appropriate venues for Ocorian hosted/partnered events.
- Liaison with third party vendors and suppliers.
- Work with marketing communications team to ensure consistency of messaging (e.g. invitations, emails, conference pack content) - including some copywriting
- Co-ordination and supply of relevant materials.
- Ensure all the marketing activities costs are clearly tracked and reported, within budget.
- Post event: collation of feedback and reporting against stated success measures, including ROI.
- Procurement and management of branded materials and merchandise - including monthly stock take.
- Ensure all marketing materials comply with brand guidelines.
- Assist in the upload and management of content on the website and social media channels, as required.
- Invoice processing and tracking, plus reconciliation of budgets (including credit card statements).
- Assist in the maintenance and update of marketing activity schedule.
- Co-ordinate team travel arrangements, as required.
- Involvement in any other projects/duties as required by the team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or local equivalent) in business or marketing preferred but not essential
- Hold a recognised professional marketing certification or working towards this
- 2-3 years' marketing experience (ideally in a professional services environment) with proven experience in all aspects of event planning and co-ordination
- Knowledge of B2B marketing and copywriting experience
- Excellent attention to detail and consistency
- Strong organisational skills and able to multi-task and prioritise whilst working to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Comprehensive administrative experience.
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop and Indesign) would also be an advantage.
- Experience of web development and using Content Management Systems is desirable.
- Experience of working with CRM (Client Relationship Management) systems.
- Ability to communicate confidently with staff at all levels internally as well as externally with clients, suppliers etc.
- Desire to manage clients' needs effectively and to see all activities from the client's perspective.
- A positive and enthusiastic team player with initiative, creativity and drive.
- Proactive and able to work without continual supervision
- Conscientious and committed.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- A methodical and solution focused approach
- Accuracy and eye for detail.
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritise and organise workflow.
- Ability to remain calm and produce quality work when under pressure and to tight deadlines.
+44 (0)1534 507018