Director - Business Development
Ocorian is an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Purpose of the job
The role of business development is to originate and manage relationships with high quality, long-term and profitable clients in a manner that is consistent with the objectives, values and policies of the business, whilst remaining compliant with external regulatory requirements.
The core focus of this role is to drive the generation of new business and increase revenue for our funds, corporate and institutional business with a core focus on EMEA, through the identification and implementation of a variety of business development initiatives aimed at growing the business, profile and brand and positively influencing and developing its reputation.
This role will involve providing both strategic and day-to-day practical business development support and advice to the directors of the business.
The successful candidate will work with relevant directors and will be expected to fully understand the services offered by each of the jurisdictions in which we operate, particularly corporate services and funds services.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and will be expected to establish and maintain key intermediary relationships with potential new business introducers.
- Achieve new business targets including identifying and implementing new BD initiatives.
- Obtain a detailed understanding of both current and potential clients, with a focus on long term client relationships and profitable revenue generation.
- Identify and win new business mainly in EMEA (or other assigned region(s) as required), targeting both start-ups and established businesses, spanning fund, corporate and institutional client types.
- Champion cross-sell activities across Fund Administration, Private Client, Family Office, International Finance and Employee Trusts Benefits services, as well as all office locations, to drive new sales from existing clients.
- Advise on strategic initiatives including product development and acquisitions, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and in particular with other sales professionals to achieve business sales objectives.
- Lead deal terms throughout the sales cycle.
- Lead commercial negotiations in line with agreed parameters.
- Comply with procedures for the maintenance of pipeline information, call reports, proposal templates, service / fee proposals and related financial analysis. Ensure that the Salesforce CRM system is updated with all contact and activity and changes on a minimum of a weekly basis.
- Work with colleagues in other regions to build a collaborative sales culture.
- Senior relationship management to ensure that client needs are understood and that new products and services are effectively communicated.
- Position the business to be the best placed to capitalise on upsell and cross-sell opportunitites with existing clients.
- Build the business' brand to generate quality leades via:
- Attendance and participation at industry events.
- Branded events.
- Thought leadership articles, press releases, client newsletter.
- Develop and manage the intermediary and third party services provider network (particularly onshore and offshore law firms, regulatory / start-up consultants, fund platforms, banks, auditors, technology vendors and (where appropriate) other fund services providers).
- Grow the business's reputation as a trusted provider of high-quality services with institutional investors, family offices, fund of funds, private banks and other allocators of capital via targeted marketing campaigns.
- Educated to degree level, with a relevant professional qualification - likely to be in marketing, business or law.
- At least four years business development experience in business to business services, preferably with a minimum of two years in a fiduciary environment.
- Proven experience of working with Directors/senior management in the development of client relationships.
- Ideally an understanding of the offshore administration market and services.
- Excellent research, analysis and report writing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong digital marketing/social media experience.
- Highly computer literate (with knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with CRM (Client Relationship Management) systems.
- Excellent project management skills.
- A dynamic, self-starter with strong communication skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic team player with drive, initiative and flexibility.
- Commercially aware.
- Able to produce high quality work when under pressure.
- An individual with well-developed persuasion and influencing skills.
- Confident, assertive and resilient.
- Responsive, proactive and innovative.
+44 (0)1534 507018