SQL Technician - ICT
Ocorian is an independent fund, corporate and private client service provider, recognised for our commercial expertise and dynamic culture that supports investment success for our clients.
Purpose of the job
Work with the reporting solution architect to develop and maintain the SQL environment and undertake development of SQL reports and SQL integration.
- To understand the technical infrastructure and operational environment upon which the applications sits.
- To manage the SQL environment (backup / restore, permissions, performance)
- To develop and maintain SQL databases (views, stored procedures, functions), SQL Reporting Services and SQL Integration Services.
- To work with colleagues to obtain and structure suitable data sources
- To respond to support requests from the business passed on via the helpdesk.
- Ideally educated to degree standard but experience in an equivalent role is acceptable. Experience of managing SQL environments
- Experience in using and developing in SQL, Microsoft Integration Services and Reporting Services
- Experience of engaging and managing 3rd parties as required for escalation purposes
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Demonstrable technical skills
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately
- A solution driven approach to problem resolution
- Ability to work under own initiative and to take decisions within corporate policies, escalating where necessary
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills at all levels in an organisation
- Able to foster teamwork with technical team, business and 3rd parties
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A good team player
- Desire and drive to impart knowledge and skills to others
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
+44 (0)1534 507018