Senior Administrator - Real Estate
Ocorian is an independent business providing offshore specialist financial services to both private and institutional clients globally.
Specifically, our funds team provides specialist fund and investment services, currently with assets under administration of more than US$30 billion.
Fund Services aims to be the partner of choice to investment managers and investors providing a full outsourced servicing solution for all their real estate, private equity and infrastructure fund investment needs with 24/7 online access to their investment data. We offer smart people using smart technology having unique capability to oversee and administer fund and investment structures domiciled anywhere in the world.
Why work in the RE team at Ocorian?
This is a high performing team with a portfolio of key corporate real estate clients and exciting prospects for growth in the future.
We are really proud of our net promoter score which tells us that our clients like what we do and are invested in our future as well as their own. They enjoy working with us, and we share a mutual respect and understanding.
Our management team are encouraged to work in an entrepreneurial way in providing creative solutions to our clients' needs, using our core technology and industry knowledge (smart people using smart technology). This creates a nimble environment within what is now a larger organisation. This is part of our "small business culture" which we have retained and nurtured from our roots in Bedell Trust.
Purpose of the job
To provide professional fund administration services to a varied portfolio of clients for which Ocorian provides services and at all times to comply with the Policies and Procedures of Ocorian Services Limited.
- To administer a portfolio of funds and other entities, including more complex, demanding or high risk cases and to ensure all activities fall within the guidelines/stipulations of the statutory or governing documents.
- To ensure the tax status of entities is observed with the timely completion of tax returns and the payment of any notified tax liability.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor if the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities.
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff.
- When required, to prepare minutes and other meeting documents.
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships.
- To oversee the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by Ocorian, where appropriate, through effective liaison with the Client Accounting Solutions team.
- To manage the billing process, reviewing billing proformas/draft invoices where appropriate, at established frequencies and to discuss these with the Manager/Director prior to processing.
- To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change.
- To monitor the aged debt position of matters under administration and to liaise with the Accounts Department and Directors to ensure that a tight control is maintained over the value and length of aged debts.
- To undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Director.
- To mentor and support the training of more junior members of staff with supervision and guidance from the Manager.
- To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the relevant Manager and colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the Manager or Directors where appropriate.
- To maintain an awareness and understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- Carry out any function/activity required by the Manager, Management Team or Directors from time to time.
- To assist the Manager, providing daily support as requested. This will include but may not be limited to:
- Being aware of risk exposure and ensuring Risk/Review procedures are followed at all times, being aware of the need for professional advice and have a good understanding of local Regulatory matters. Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to other members of the management team including Directors where appropriate.
- Supporting the on-going development of the team by involvement in the coaching, training and motivation of team members in conjunction with the Assistant Manager/Manager.
- Educated to A level or degree standard.
- Ideally the post holder will have completed a professional/relevant qualification to Diploma Level (e.g. ICSA/STEP).
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years' experience in funds/trust and company administration or financial services environment
- A comprehensive understanding and technical knowledge of funds/trust administration, Jersey Company Law and the tax implications of various structures.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A solution driven attitude to problems.
- Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within corporate policies.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Team spirited.
+44 (0)1534 507018